Windows 7 Free 1 year TechNet subscription!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou Microsoft!!!!
I renewed mine a few months ago,bringing the total cost over some years to quite a few hundred dollars/pounds.
Now half the world is getting it for free, and paid up subscribers are not even entitled. Almost makes me want to load Linux -lol.

Hi Dave

I have a feeling this was some almighty screw up -- but I'm not going to be ashamed to take advantage of it.
Tough on those who signed up and paid.

The servers aren't allowing any more people to sign up for the moment so this just confirms my suspicions.
I don't think however they can eject those who have already signed up and have got valid ID's however.

But this is life. I signed up in the UK to a SKY TV HD box at around a cost of 200 GBP -- a few weeks later SKY had discounted it to I think around 25 GBP.

You win some and you lose some.

Cheers
jimbo

Hi Dave

I have a feeling this was some almighty screw up -- but I'm not going to be ashamed to take advantage of it.

jimbo

I don't blame you, or any one else. You would be total idiots not to take advantage of it. With that strange date in there, it almost looks like someone was playing an internal prank in Microsoft.

Hurrah! It worked :) All I did was use a proxy (HTTP-Tunnel), still using IE. Oh, and please somebody tell me "Subscriber Benefit Access Number" is the key. :D

Action: whoosh is muttering something :rolleyes: " I should be so lucky ":D

Last edited:
Hurrah! It worked :) All I did was use a proxy (HTTP-Tunnel), still using IE. Oh, and please somebody tell me "Subscriber Benefit Access Number" is the key. :D

Yes that is so :) Subscriber Benefit Access Number" is the key. :D

Hi Dave

The servers aren't allowing any more people to sign up for the moment so this just confirms my suspicions.
I don't think however they can eject those who have already signed up and have got valid ID's however.

But this is life. I signed up in the UK to a SKY TV HD box at around a cost of 200 GBP -- a few weeks later SKY had discounted it to I think around 25 GBP.

You win some and you lose some.

Cheers
jimbo

It does seem a terrible deal for those who payed good £/$ for access to see folk getting it all for free .

Hi there
MS definitely have got something wrong here
When the request key DOES work it seems to have stacked up multiple retry requests and returns a whole slew of them.

For exaample Offive Visio Pro 2007

Installed and activated on several machines

Here's what the request key returned

Cheers
jimbo

Hi there
MS definitely have got something wrong here
When the request key DOES work it seems to have stacked up multiple retry requests and returns a whole slew of them.

For exaample Offive Visio Pro 2007

Installed and activated on several machines

Here's what the request key returned

Cheers
jimbo

That does look strange ! Havent tried to get a key yet but may do so see if I get the same effect this way .
Ah something else I just found whle requesting a key for Visio Pro :Link Removed due to 404 Error

if this is indeed free, then i don't understand what they're asking for with the benefit access key

It is free but that is the price you pay :) They are still treating the whole thing as if you had paid good dollar pound for it :D

The only way MS know how to think =stuck in the groove !

Been clicking the refresh button and trying different browsers :(
No worky for me :mad:

gws

Been clicking the refresh button and trying different browsers :(
No worky for me :mad:

gws

They may be so busy just now that nothing is working properly . Maybe later things will be better and good luck :D

Do they send the dvds in the post or do i download them ?

just asked for vista ultimate key i have that waiting :razz:

Do they send the dvds in the post or do i download them ?

just asked for vista ultimate key i have that waiting :razz:

Lol :D not sure my first time on Tech Net to . Never ever thought I would be on there - very strange daze:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom