Windows 7 Free 1 year TechNet subscription!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't piss me off as I live in Canada and can't get the free offer anyway.. I just renewed mine 2 months ago actually.. Good luck to those trying to get through though.. ;)

Doesn't piss me off as I live in Canada and can't get the free offer anyway.. I just renewed mine 2 months ago actually.. Good luck to those trying to get through though.. ;)

Just use this link Link Removed - Invalid URL

This one is for Canada :razz:

I haven't been able to get on any of the sites myself, I just keep trying

gws

Just use this link Link Removed - Invalid URL

This one is for Canada :razz:

I haven't been able to get on any of the sites myself, I just keep trying

gws

Thanks for the link but I don't need it as I already have a paid subscription to Technet.. :) Thanks anyway though..

Update

early april fools joke I guess or maybe some disgruntled employee...heres a progression of the day...

[Update]: Ars Technica is reporting that this offer may not be for one year as first thought, but only three months. Never-the-less, it's best to get in early and make the most of this while you can.

[Update 2]: It appears as though there are errors in requesting keys and we are hearing that this offer may have been limited to a select few rather than public. Microsoft has not officially responded to requests for comment.

[Update 3]: We are getting reports from members that many who had been successfully added to the subscription have now been removed. It seems that this was all an error on Microsoft's part.

I couldn't really see Microsoft giving away something that people (myself included) pay damn good money for.. ;) Stranger things have happened but it just didn't seem legit.. Maybe a month free but certainly not a whole year!.. :)

Do what I did, Radenight. I sent them a cheeky email of complaint and asked for my money back, but to keep my subscription! I am not expecting an answer - lol - but I got it off my chest.

Do what I did, Radenight. I sent them a cheeky email of complaint and asked for my money back, but to keep my subscription! I am not expecting an answer - lol - but I got it off my chest.

A good suggestion, I might do that.. ;) If nothing else, it's a chance to vent..

And Microsoft now have a beautiful Dbase of potential download hackers, who did not own legit copies of Vista or Office. - lol.

As someone else remarked, it is surprising, in view of the intense criticism of Vista over the past years, how many thousands of people downloaded it when it was so suddenly free.

Eh, it was good while it lasted...I didn't get any copies of Vista, as I already have legit copies of Home Premium and Ultimate anyway. I did get some MS-Dos and Windows 3.11 copies though :)

After being able to get on there and see what all was offered, I would be willing to buy a TechNet sub...if I wasn't newly unemployed and completely broke. lol

Guess someone is being held in a hospital ward for extensive investigation . :rolleyes:
Or he just happened to hit the wrong key :D

Heads will roll ether way I should imagine big fiasco !

Last edited:
I never downloaded anything due to the fact I was waiting to see how others managed :rolleyes:
Even though I got my free membership :D

It is one of the most badly managed things ever to happen to MS . How to explain this one away ? Think they will get a few complaints ?
Bucket loads they are in the dodo for sure:D

Last edited:
Just put a spoof up in the water cooler . Only way to get back at MS :D

Microsoft is a large organisation. At any moment there would be quite a significant number of personnel with access to thelatest builds. I do not see, any time in the future, that such leaks and malpractises are ever going to stop.
Paying them larhe salaries would not even be the answer. In many cases it is an Ego trip for employees to be the first with the news/product. Even passing the material onto a family member - The old, bt reliable adage - Small ripples make large waves. You have all heard it so many times "Don't let anyone else in on this, but I have...."

Here is the bad news and a warning
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back