Windows 10 Freeze problem with Chrome (GOOGLE)

DigDugFighter

OK, When using Google Chrome, Twitch or YouTube or pretty much anything, my computer will freeze for 40 seconds and then come back.

I have been using Microsoft Edge for 2 days and no freezes. (with a little waterfox)

SO, now, the only google browser I have installed is Google Chrome portable BUT when I go change the default program to Google Chrome it opens a completely new Google Chrome. (Also, Google Chrome portable will freeze it too.)

The question is, where is this completely new google chrome coming from? ( I want to delete it.)

I deleted google from regedit. I need to find a way to completely remove google chrome from the computer or fix the freeze. :(

I wonder if the portable chrome is just re downloading the full client. I would also ask are you using any extensions with chrome and if so disable them all for testing. You can also open task manager > Details and right click on google chrome and select "Analyze Wait Chain" you will want to do it on the parent PID, you can determine that from Proxcep Process Explorer This should tell you if chrome is waiting on some resource.

Ok, I finally fixed this problem after almost 2 years. It was freezing once a day, three times a day or once every two days.

I thought someone might want to know this fix or can tell me why I had to even do this. :)

So, I had event id errors 508 and 533. I looked them up a lot the last year and found mostly ssd/hdd problems. I found online somewhere (I can find the site if you need, just reply here.) that said to switch from IDE in bios to AHCI. This has fixed my freezing problem (unless it's tricking me again.)

Not all that sure what AHCI is but I think it's good and I wonder why my BIOS defaults to IDE and why it even started freezing after so long using windows 10. (maybe something is wrong with my hardware but it seems to be working great now.)

:)

Back
Top Bottom