Freezes and five beeps

I recently changed my Hard drive for a SSD, and today ive gotten multiple freezes, the computer is unresponsive and all audio stops for about a minute. There is no logs in the event viewer either.

This last time, everything froze, but i was still able to move my mouse, but it was extremely slow, and it stuttered around as if i had my curer trails option on max. After about thirty seconds i heard five one tone beeps come from my headset. I had my task manager open at the time on the performance tab, but it didn't record anything during this event.

I dont think this matters, but I cloned my hard drive to my SSD about a week ago. it wasn't a fresh install of windows.
I ran a test on the SSD and it was good.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299)
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8300 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Storage: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
Two monitors on extended view

Yes I did use the data migration tool. I also do weekly optimization on it. Do you think my new storage device caused these errors?

It might be but not certainly.

When did your computer freeze for the first time? was it on the first day after you installed the new SSD?

Have there been any updates installed after you installed the SSD?

Sometimes new drivers are installed during the updates and they are worse than the previous version. Please check in the Device Manager if there are any yellow triangles with exclamation mark on them.

It might be but not certainly.

When did your computer freeze for the first time? was it on the first day after you installed the new SSD?

Have there been any updates installed after you installed the SSD?

Sometimes new drivers are installed during the updates and they are worse than the previous version. Please check in the Device Manager if there are any yellow triangles with exclamation mark on them.

The first freeze was about 3 days after I installed my SSD, it was about 10 seconds long. The next one was 5 days after, that freeze was longer. Then about a week after it happened like a dozen times in one day.

There have been no updates as I’m aware of, the only software changes would be uninstalling “Xbox game bar” and “Killer networking” (a WiFi driver, and I don’t use WiFi). I have used the “optimize drives” tool twice. I didn’t see any warning signs in device manager when I was on it last night.

What would cause the beeps after that one freeze? I read online that it could be common with overheating CPU, but it would be coming from the motherboard, not my speakers. All my temp levels are in the normal range. I don’t overclock my CPU.

The most likely cause is hardware. Try removing the SSD and replacing it.
Thank you for your input, Should I replace it with the same model as the one I have? How could I tell that the SSD is the issue? Ive already tested it and it says that its good. How can I be 100% sure that this is the issue? Because to get a new one I will have to send my current SSD back, and wait for the new one, so no computer for a while. I just want to make sure, thank you again.

No, just reseat it. Changes are that it is just some bad contact and reseating may cure that.
I don't think this will make any difference, but ill state it anyway just in case. I Still have my old HDD hooked up, for backup. I didn't have a spare sata cable, so I disconnected the cable from my optical drive and used that, for the power I am using a cable that also splits off to my fans. I don't think that is an issue, but ill state it anyway just in case.

I never share power with storage. I've seen issues like this from bad data cables, so check those and swap if possible.

I read online that it could be common with overheating CPU, but it would be coming from the motherboard, not my speakers. All my temp levels are in the normal range. I don’t overclock my CPU.

The CPU can overheat because of old thermal paste as well. That thermal paste loses its properties in time, after years. Or the CPU can also overheat if the thermal paste wasn't well applied on it. So, it's not just overclocking.

The first freeze was about 3 days after I installed my SSD, it was about 10 seconds long. The next one was 5 days after, that freeze was longer. Then about a week after it happened like a dozen times in one day.

if the freeze is caused by the SSD then why did it only start after 3 days and not immediately, on the first day?

Five beeps is a hardware problem.
…. I Still have my old HDD hooked up, for backup. I didn't have a spare sata cable, so I disconnected the cable from my optical drive and used that, for the power I am using a cable that also splits off to my fans..
Check every cable you have touched. Reseat firmly every cable and every device you have touched. Don't use cables from the inside to the outside of the computer. If possible clean contacts with a peace of paper - don't use fluids! Check your old HDD with seatools. Temperature was alright, wasn't it?
That is what comes to my mind, I hope it helps

You need to go to your motherboard website and find out if they have a forum or FAQs on error beeps. Also try google your motherboard info & bios info and error codes. Also what is your motherboard bios version? You might have to update motherboard with latest bios to make it work with your ssd.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Back