Windows 7 G965 Express Chipset

TomR

I'm running a Dell E520 using the Intel Graphics G965 (built in the motherboard) and a Dell 20 inch monitor. Native resolution is 1600x1200 which displays properly in XP but width is incorrect (too narrow) for Windows 7. I've had to drop down to 1280x768 to get close to a full screen display. Anyone have any ideas on correcting this problem?? I'm running a dual boot with XP; no problems installing Windows 7 other than the graphics issue.

Thanks,

Tom

Which driver are you using? Try uninstalling your graphics adapter in device manager and running driver update. Intel put out a new prerelease driver for win7 in december, and it should find and install it.

Thanks, touch!

Got it working correctly now, resolution is correct and thanks for your help!
Regards,
Tom
:razz:

I'm running a Dell E520 using the Intel Graphics G965 (built in the motherboard) and a Dell 20 inch monitor. Native resolution is 1600x1200 which displays properly in XP but width is incorrect (too narrow) for Windows 7. I've had to drop down to 1280x768 to get close to a full screen display. Anyone have any ideas on correcting this problem?? I'm running a dual boot with XP; no problems installing Windows 7 other than the graphics issue.

Thanks,

Tom
I just updated my drivers from the generic to the x64 drivers from Intels Webstite. All seems to be working fine. Installed them using the Windows Vista mode.

Back