Windows 7 Gadgets and ActiveX crashed permanently...

borogff

Well this is my first time writing about a problem on 7 forums, if my English is not correct then sorry i'm Serb :D
Anyhow my problem is next: I wanted to try BitDefender free antivirus so i uninstalled MSE and installed BD. After an hour gadgets crashed, stoped working, mozilla started giving me some suspicious updates, and finaly next day BD crashed totally. I uninstalled BD installed MSE, found and "destroyed" viruses, four of them, turned on gadgets and again the same they are black or invisible (exept for "x" shutdown button), i included some screenshots for you to see and virus info also. Now i cant se my processess from admin tools in control panel it sais something about activeX and web browser not alowing (I have screenshot for that too, and for gadgets)
I'v tried disabling gadgets from add/remove Win components and instaling them again, it still don't work.
Please help me. Thanks in advance :(
Virusi.pngActive X.pngGadgets.png

While MSE is a very good product, it will probably not prove to be a complete and comprehensive solution to your problem. You may want to consider augmenting it with Spybot, Mbam and even perhaps SuperAntiSpyware. Download (free versions), install and update the definitions on all three products then boot the computer into safemode and run all three removing everything they find.
Reboot and from an elevated command prompt type
sfc /scannow
If that still doesn't seem to solve the issue you may be faced with a decision to back up all your critical data and performing a clean install after completely formating and over-writing the disk with a product like KillDisk

While MSE is a very good product, it will probably not prove to be a complete and comprehensive solution to your problem. You may want to consider augmenting it with Spybot, Mbam and even perhaps SuperAntiSpyware. Download (free versions), install and update the definitions on all three products then boot the computer into safemode and run all three removing everything they find.
Reboot and from an elevated command prompt type
sfc /scannow
If that still doesn't seem to solve the issue you may be faced with a decision to back up all your critical data and performing a clean install after completely formating and over-writing the disk with a product like KillDisk
Hey thanks for your time, i'll try and do that, if it doesn't solve my problem i'll format (i intended to format in the near future anyway, but i'm waiting to finish playing Mass Effect 2 :D). Also thanx for the KillDisk tip, never used something like that before. Will post with the results!

You bet and thanks for the follow-up. By all means, please keeps us posted as we all stand to benefit and learn from these types of situations. Thanks for joining the forums, your membership and participation is very much appreciated and we hope to continue to see you around.
Welcome
Randy

Well i did everything, no malware no spyware no viruses, and sfc /scannow reported no errors. However a surprise i don't understand, gadgets are up and running again, clock and periodic table at least are, there are still some trouble with calendar (I can see it, it's normally orange, but there are no numbers). I really don't get it it's quite odd that it worked on it's own...

Hay I'm having exactly the same problem that u mentioned. My gadgets are not working and I can't see my processess from admin tools in control panel. It showed as like in the screenshot. I thought it may be due to my antivirus. I used bitdefender total security 2010. I uninstalled it, still i getting the same problem. I tried for scanning the system, it showed no spywares, no malwares, even the sfc scan showed no errors. Would you tell me how did u fixed the Activex problem. I don't know a solution for this. help..????

Hay I'm having exactly the same problem that u mentioned. My gadgets are not working and I can't see my processess from admin tools in control panel. It showed as like in the screenshot. I thought it may be due to my antivirus. I used bitdefender total security 2010. I uninstalled it, still i getting the same problem. I tried for scanning the system, it showed no spywares, no malwares, even the sfc scan showed no errors. Would you tell me how did u fixed the Activex problem. I don't know a solution for this. help..????

You should delete 1 extra (parasite) zone from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\
with pseudo-graphic number, you'll see it before zone number 0 (The pseudo-graphic number they speak of before zone number 0 looks like a miniature upper case "L".) .
It seems this is a bug of Adobe flash player update

Credits for solution go to Snoggins, whom it was given from Microsoft.

i got the same problem, bitdefender says that the activex controls are not activated and the gadgets don't work
i have superantispyware and there is no virus.i alread tried repair bitdefender but won't work

i got the same problem, bitdefender says that the activex controls are not activated and the gadgets don't work
i have superantispyware and there is no virus.i alread tried repair bitdefender but won't work
Well have you tried looking in RegEdit for that Adobe Flash bug Key???

Back