Windows 7 Game blocked by security settings

nutbag

Honorable Member
Ok, so on YouTube, a guy made a game called "Need For Madness Revised and Recharged 2" it's suppose to be a heavily edited version of a game called "Need For Madness 2" (The edited version is 3.45 MB), Need For Madness 2 is safe, and so is the version, I scanned it and everything, but for some reason, the security settings blocked the game, I tried everything, but I couldn't unblock it

It sounds like you are facing an issue with Windows security settings blocking the game "Need For Madness Revised and Recharged 2" even though you've verified that it's safe. Let's troubleshoot this issue step by step.

Here are a few things you can try to unblock the game:

1. Add the Game to Windows Security Exceptions:
- Go to Windows Security settings.
- Navigate to Virus & threat protection.
- Under "Virus & threat protection settings," click on Manage settings.
- Scroll down to Exclusions and click on Add or remove exclusions.
- Add the folder containing the game or the game executable (.exe file) to the exclusions list.

2. Check Firewall Settings:
- Make sure that the game isn't being blocked by Windows Firewall.
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall" and add the game to the list of allowed apps.

3. Temporary Disable Real-Time Protection (Windows Security):
- Sometimes, real-time protection may block certain applications. Try temporarily disabling it to see if the game launches without issues.
- Go to Windows Security settings > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings and toggle off Real-time protection.

4. Run the Game as an Administrator:
- Right-click on the game's executable or shortcut and select "Run as administrator."
- Running the game as an administrator can sometimes bypass certain security restrictions.

5. Check User Account Control (UAC) Settings:
- Adjust User Account Control settings to a lower level temporarily to see if that allows the game to run without being blocked.
- Type "UAC" in the Windows search bar, click on "Change User Account Control settings," and move the slider to a lower level.

6. Verify Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access:
- Controlled Folder Access might be blocking the game. Check the Windows Defender Security Center settings.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Manage ransomware protection and ensure that the game's folder isn't blocked.

Try these steps to see if any of them help in unblocking and running the game successfully. If the issue persists, let me know, and we can explore further options.

Back