Windows 10 Game Crashes (with dump files)

MRKJ

Hello everyone,

I have multiple problems which occur on daily basis. Here's the list:
  1. PC is freezing while browsing or playing games;
  2. Monitor is going black while PC turned on and active while playing some games;
  3. PC not waking up after sleep;
  4. PC restarts while being idle;
  5. BSODs mostly when playing but sometimes completely randomly (last two of them were IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and MEMORY MANAGEMENT)
I've tried many things from reinstalling Windows to updating drivers but nothing helped.

I would appreciate any help on this topic because it's ruining my day completely.

Hello,

I've been having multiple issues with my PC (crashes, black screens, BSODs) so I've reset my PC. Now I fater I've installed games I can't launch most of them. For example I'm trying to launch Heroes of the Storm and it crashes on startup. I've read "Troubleshooting program crashes " thread and used DebugDiag to get the dump files. You may find them attached.

Could you please help me with this issue?

Attachments

• DUMP Heroes of the storm.rar
    12.6 KB · Views: 213
I'm also attaching DUMP files for CS:GO.

Attachments

• DUMP CSGO.rar
    17.5 KB · Views: 223
Hmm... See if the system is running ok by using these scans:

File scans
Open 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time)

Ensure drivers are latest versions.

Remove any unused third party apps

Do you run any AV suites? If so which anti virus app is it?

When was the last time you clean installed Windows?

At what point do the games crash?

Also can you post your dxdiag. To do this type dxdiag in the run box and it ok.

Click save all information and it'll save to your desktop, please zip and post.

After resetting my PC games were crashing on startup. In Radeon Settings I've reduced frequency by 15% and increased Power limit by 50%. After that I've played pretty much whole day without issues and today games are crashing while I'm in-game (not in the menus or on startup). Besides I'm playing "Risk: Global Domination" without any issues (it has the minimal requirements). I'm attaching my DxDiag info.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    74.1 KB · Views: 230
Hi,
thanks for that.

I can see that your graphics driver is crashing a lot.

Try this,

Download the latest driver for your card, even if already installed get a fresh copy: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

Download Display Driver Uninstaller found here: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.2.4 released. - Wagnardsoft Forum

To use it properly you'll need to boot into safe mode and then run the app as administrator.

Remove the AMD driver currently installed and the app will also remove any corruption from previous drivers.

Boot back into Windows and install your fresh driver. (personally i always unplug my machine from the net during this part as sometimes windows update will try to do the job for you which of course we don't want.)

So I carefully read the tutorial on Wagnardsoft website and reinstalled the driver. Tried Starcraft 2, haven't got any crashes yet. I will keep you posted.

Today when I've turned on my PC:
  1. PC got stuck on Windows logon screen (with windows logo on black screen)
  2. I've restarted PC;
  3. Then I got BSOD, unfortunately didn't see which one it was;
  4. Restarted again;
  5. Then I believe I got 8 beeps which on Gigabyte motherboard which means Graphic card error;
  6. Restart
  7. Windows started as usual.
  8. Launched game, it loaded, went in-game, after about 30 seconds got INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED.
Any ideas on this case?

Last edited:
Also try reseating the graphics card and ensure any power cables are securely snapped in place.

Thanks for the info, well your PSU certainly exceeds requirements (580 needs a 500W PSU).

It could be that the actual card is faulty even tho you can run it ok with the clocks dropped slightly..

You could try running a furmark test and see if it completes the stress test: FurMark > Downloads

Thanks for the info, well your PSU certainly exceeds requirements (580 needs a 500W PSU).

It could be that the actual card is faulty even tho you can run it ok with the clocks dropped slightly..

You could try running a furmark test and see if it completes the stress test: FurMark > Downloads
I've done FurMark several days ago 2 times for 15-15 minutes without any issues with 92 FPS and max temperature 78 °C .

Ah ok..

Has the reseat of the gpu helped?

Also if you have that dump file from the bsod please post.

Ah ok..

Has the reseat of the gpu helped?

Also if you have that dump file from the bsod please post.
I've just unplugged Graphics card and plugged it in the same place. Started windows as usual.
I've checked settings and it says Automatic Memory Dump although I can't find anything in %SystemRoot%Memory.dmp. How do I get the dump file?
Also could you please advise me what settings should I change in Radeon Settings? I'm attaching Radeon Settings Performance Tuning screenshot. I've tried reducing Frequency by 15% and increasing Power by 50% before using DDU.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    158.5 KB · Views: 212
As you've reseated the card and Windows started as normal I'd try running the system for a while and see how you go.

If the crashing returns then try reducing clock frequency as you did before but don't increase the power.

Best of luck!

As you've reseated the card and Windows started as normal I'd try running the system for a while and see how you go.

If the crashing returns then try reducing clock frequency as you did before but don't increase the power.

Best of luck!
Alright, thanks, I'll try and let's see the results :)

Of course post back if all doesn't go well.. I'll keep my fingers crossed.. :)

Back
Top Bottom