Windows 10 Game Crashes (with dump files)

I just noticed that AMD updated graphics driver 2 days ago, that's the only thing that changed during this time I believe. Will try updating it too.

Do you use any driver updater tool?
Never... They are to be avoided.

Personally I use a combination of my motherboard support page where i get the majority of the drivers needed for my system.
Chipset drivers I get from AMD ( as long as you know your chipset)
GPU drivers I get from Nvidia.

Always try to get them from source.

I got fresh consecutive BSODs while playing a game. I'm attaching minidumps and BluescreenView screenshot. After several BSODs I got text on black screen including copyright, patent and also mentioning Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series, MAC addres and had loading bar with DHCP.
After that I got text saying "The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum." Then after manually restarring PC I finally got in to Windows. Any ideas? Btw what's the best way to check driver updates and difference in versions without third party software?

Attachments

• Minidumps.rar
    317.4 KB · Views: 197
@kemical
I've read instructions and ran SeaTools both quick and long diagnostics successfully :)
I've also checked DxDiag and radeon driver was listed in problem signatures:

Windows Error Reporting:
+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket 2129122838783030415, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Radeonsoftware.exe
P2: 10.1.2.1788
P3: 5ebeeeda
P4: Radeonsoftware.exe
P5: 10.1.2.1788
P6: 5ebeeeda
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000000412967
P9:
P10:

I've also included DxDiag in attachment.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    74.3 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
I've also made little observation, without Radeon software running game has not crashed today, but when I launched the game while Radeon Software active, it froze after while...

Hi,

sorry i've not been around. (currently about to move house so madness reigns lol )

I've also made little observation, without Radeon software running game has not crashed today, but when I launched the game while Radeon Software active, it froze after while...

I assume by this you mean the driver?

If this is the case try running the DDU again as it may have become corrupted:

Download Display Driver Uninstaller found here: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.2.4 released. - Wagnardsoft Forum

Hi,

sorry i've not been around. (currently about to move house so madness reigns lol )

I assume by this you mean the driver?

If this is the case try running the DDU again as it may have become corrupted:

Download Display Driver Uninstaller found here: Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V18.0.2.4 released. - Wagnardsoft Forum
That's what I wanted to do yesterday. When you download graphics driver from AMD website it always launches AMD Radeon software, where you can change settings, overclock, etc. From my observation when games have crashed this "Radeon Software" was active at that moment but this happens only after PC reset and fresh installation of this soft, I didn't have any previous versions on PC and even selected factory reset option when installing AMD Radeon Software. Could you please tell what may be the reason of driver corruption?

Last edited:
Could you please tell what may be the reason of driver corruption?
I'm unsure why, it's hard to speculate without actually being there
Personally I'd try a fresh install not just a reset. The latest 2004 version of windows 10 is available to download via Microsofts media creation tool
Download Windows 10

Download it in iso form then use Rufus to burn it to either disk or usb

Download your drivers beforehand and pop em on a usb or spare drive.

Drivers for the system can be found on your motherboard support page I linked to earlier in this thread.

Thats where you'll find drivers for Realtek and chipset ect..

You can get the gpu driver straight from AMD as you know.

I'm unsure why, it's hard to speculate without actually being there
Personally I'd try a fresh install not just a reset. The latest 2004 version of windows 10 is available to download via Microsofts media creation tool
Download Windows 10

Download it in iso form then use Rufus to burn it to either disk or usb

Download your drivers beforehand and pop em on a usb or spare drive.

Drivers for the system can be found on your motherboard support page I linked to earlier in this thread.

Thats where you'll find drivers for Realtek and chipset ect..

You can get the gpu driver straight from AMD as you know.
Soon I'll get new SSD and will fresh install Windows. I have no issues so far if Radeon Software is not running. Is house moving madness over? ^^

Thanks for asking.. :) But no.. Due to third parties being involved it could take over a month to get everything finalised but steadily working through it. I'd forgotten how stressful moving can be but hey what the hell.

That's so odd that the machine runs fine without the Radeon software installed.. I wonder if it's conflicting with something you have installed?

Are you running any third party software and if so what?

Thanks for asking.. :) But no.. Due to third parties being involved it could take over a month to get everything finalised but steadily working through it. I'd forgotten how stressful moving can be but hey what the hell.

That's so odd that the machine runs fine without the Radeon software installed.. I wonder if it's conflicting with something you have installed?

Are you running any third party software and if so what?
Well, since reset I only installed some drivers, Steam and Battle.net with their several games. Only two things that are running and came with Windows are Windows Security and OneDrive. Can OneDrive be a reason? :))
Btw on system startup Radeon Software sometimes launches and sometimes it just disappears from tray.

Can OneDrive be a reason?
I guess it's possible but i doubt it.

Did Gigabyte ever get back to you regarding the RAM not running in certains slots?

On my system I have a Asus motherboard. When I bought the first one I discovered that certain spec ram ( Cas 14) wouldn't run in the default slots. I contacted Asus and they had me RMA the motherboard. The next one ran without issue so i do wonder if either your motherboard (or other hardware) is at fault. Hence my interest in Gigabytes answer...

I guess it's possible but i doubt it.

Did Gigabyte ever get back to you regarding the RAM not running in certains slots?

On my system I have a Asus motherboard. When I bought the first one I discovered that certain spec ram ( Cas 14) wouldn't run in the default slots. I contacted Asus and they had me RMA the motherboard. The next one ran without issue so i do wonder if either your motherboard (or other hardware) is at fault. Hence my interest in Gigabytes answer...
They said:

"If one of the memory channels doesn't work please check the CPU in another system. One more possible reason is a defect of the motherboard."

I had no opportunity to test it.

Well I'd say it's more likely your mobo is at fault due to past experience but I guess it's possible it could be the cpu?

You could always try reseating the cpu but in any case looking over this thread and the things tried it's very probable that it is hardware related.

Any friends you could borrow compnents from? Simply to see if swapping any components makes a difference?

Well I'd say it's more likely your mobo is at fault due to past experience but I guess it's possible it could be the cpu?

You could always try reseating the cpu but in any case looking over this thread and the things tried it's very probable that it is hardware related.

Any friends you could borrow compnents from? Simply to see if swapping any components makes a difference?
Yes I'm gonna try swapping components during upcoming 2 weeks I guess.
I've already added new SSD and also new RAM sticks are on their way ^^

Back