Windows 7 Games that Work and Games that Don't.

Discussion in 'Windows Games' started by xNIAx1, Feb 6, 2009.

1. niiiro

niiiro New Member

hey people,

has anyone managed to play Sims 3 yet??

2. SLiM PiCKiNS

Compatibility mode maybe?

I notice you mentioned you tried running as administrator, however, have you tried changing the exe's to run in compatibility mode?

For instance, with Mass Effect, the files you copied to your HDD would include a setup file, correct? Try right-clicking on "setup.exe" and select properties. Then go to the compatibility tab, and try to run it in compatibility with maybe XP SP3 or even Vista SP2 (on top of running as admin).

Hope this helps, let me know if you've already tried this or not.

3. Ppchkn

Ppchkn New Member

As promised....

Xmen Wolverine Origins.

working.

AND IT ROCKS!

look for a good iso thought, someones stuck after chapter 3, or throw blank screen or no audio etc etc.

just read the comments =)

as soon the NFS`s are done, i will test them.

=)

4. SLiM PiCKiNS

you should mention wich beta you are using,

i'm using 7077 x64 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine works just fine.

5. HenriGoesOn7

HenriGoesOn7 New Member

Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne
    GTA San Andreas
    GTA Vice City
    Age Of Empires 3 /WarChiefs/Asian Dynastes
    Counter-Strike 1.6

All those ran for me well.

Used 64-bit Windows 7 RC

6. Broham

Broham New Member

Windows 7 64-bit RC

Working:
    Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning - absolutely not one issue with the game, perfection!

Not working:
    Fallout 3 - Freezes after playing for so long, ive looked online for a solution, no avail. If anyone has tips please shed some light.

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2 - this one id love to get working, i really want to play it badly, it does the exact same thing as fallout 3. I can play it for so long, and then bam, it freezes. My PC is more than strong enough to run the games at max, yet i freeze randomly. Music still plays, sounds etc, the screen is just frozen and locked. Even in vent i can still talk to people.. its strange.. Anything i can try? (I can't run Warhammer 40k as admin, because its in steam for some lame reason. Any way to take it out of steam?)

7. JBurb

JBurb New Member

im just moving from xp to win 7 :
    ShellShock 2 : Blood Trails & The Sims 3

Both working like a charm. Running smooth and crystal clear. No freezes etc at all
    :)

Also : C.S.I : NY , Super Bike World Championship 09 , Need For Speed Underground 2 & Zuma Deluxe tested today & works all.

#67 JBurb, May 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
  8. Ppchkn

Ppchkn New Member

my bad, it`s the 7100

=)

9. dockmaster

dockmaster New Member

NASCAR 2003 and all mods I have loaded
    ARCA Sim Racing
    Using 7100 RC x64 and x32

Rock on

BillD

10. JBurb

JBurb New Member

One more i just playin' : Killing Floor (Survival Horror) : Result = Working. :razz:

11. Noobstix

Noobstix New Member

I don't know if this has been posted already but I just found out that Neverwinter Nights 2 does not work straight up in Build 7100. It'll give an error message about not being able to detect your video card. There is a workaround (you have to download a .dll file or two) or I've heard people being able to run it with Build 7122.

For Mass Effect, I'm just fighting the horrible load times when I load up the game. It loads up slightly faster if I run it in windowed mode but the performance sucks. On the other hand, fullscreen performance is smoother but the load up time is ridiculous. On top of that, doing Alt-Tab will lock the game up forcing an "End Task".

Speaking of Alt-Tab, I'm still facing that issue with Fallout 3. Also, it crashes after a while which is somewhat frustrating (I've done all the updates).

I'm gonna go ahead and try some more games out now that I have a better video card.

#71 Noobstix, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
  12. SLiM PiCKiNS

hey what exactly was the problem? i'm running 7077 now and i havn't really installed much.

some details please would be helpful, ie. which build are you running? is it x86 or x64? and what exactly was the problem? did the installer not run at all or does it install then crash when you try to run it?

13. SLiM PiCKiNS

Sims 3 runs awesomely on build 7077 x64 so far. the graphics in the actual game are slightly better than sims 2, not by much though. and it's not too heavy on system resources.

14. LordFess

LordFess New Member

I just got Windows 7 setup the other day and havn't had a chance to install very many games yet...All of the games I have installed so far work marvously well except for one...Rise of the Argonauts which I posted a thread about the problem here : http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-games/6252-rise-argonauts-will-not-install-please-help.html

These are the games that work great so far....None are in any kind of compatability mode.

Chronicles of Riddick : Assault on Dark Athena : (I havn't tryed playing the original game that installed at the same time with the sequel.) Plays really well ZERO problems.

Age of Conan : Installs and Plays very well!

Runes of Magic : Installs and plays great in Window mode (For some reason I got an error mssage when I tryed to play in full screen ..... Cant remember if it was the same way when I set it up on Vista.

#74 LordFess, May 25, 2009
    Last edited: May 25, 2009
  15. Plate

Plate New Member

Work:
    Rf online
    L4D

Not Work:
    Cabal online ~ Xtrap issues (anyone can help me fix it)

16. LordFess

LordFess New Member

I have good news about Rise of the Argonauts the problem with installing the game was all my fault The CD had a tiny smudge of gunk and once cleaned the game installed with ZERO problems. It also plays ok except for some sound issues that hopefully I can get worked out....I don't believe it is a Windows problem though as this game still has many bugs that need to be patched.

Rise of the Argonauts... Installs and Works on Windows 7!

#76 LordFess, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
  17. LordFess

LordFess New Member

The Witcher EE installed with ZERO problems and plays with ZERO problems!!! I installed The Witcher with the original CD and Patched to TWEE from the net.

#77 LordFess, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
  18. LordFess

LordFess New Member

Xmen Origins:Wolverine installed last night and played about an hour....Works great!! Rockin game too!!

19. Moscito

Moscito New Member

Anyone solved the problem with crashing games?
    All games i have installed are crashing after 20 mins or so.
    GFX card overheat or driver problem?
    Ideas?

20. seekermeister

seekermeister Honorable Member

CoD & MoH AA BSODs

I'm just getting started with a new installation of W7 (B7100 x64), and the first two games that I tried to run ended up with a BSOD before the games actually started. I don't have a debugger installed yet, so I can read the dump files, but the Event Viewer describe them as follows"