Windows 7 Gaming Performance Issues:win 7

LazyGeek

Hello all,
first timer here and hope this is the right area to post my question about windows 7 gaming.

I just recently upgraded to windows 7 this week,version is ultimate. I did a clean install. When i reinstalled call of duty 4 and set all my settings etc like how had them in vista,i am getting poor frame per second. I have the lates video driver etc.
I been googling for answers but no luck. Has anyone here found a problem with call of duty 4 / win 7 low fps?

here are my specs:
Intel core 2 duo 2.66 ghz 1333fsb
evga geforce 8800gts 320
pqi 2 gig of memory single stick
western digital harddrive 500 gig
sound blaster pci-e card with optical cable.

any ideas on how to improve the frame rate? i use to get 125 fps solid on vista.

125fps on that rig???...surely not unless you stripped it down to 800x600 rez or added a Nvidia 285 card....Cos it's never came close to even 60fps on mine at 1680x1050 on XP/Vista/ Or Win7.

I can't see anyone playing cod4 smoothly with only 2 gigs ram on any any OS.Try installing more ram and see if that helps.

I can't see anyone playing cod4 smoothly with only 2 gigs ram on any any OS.Try installing more ram and see if that helps.

Then you have never played the game then. Ive played CoD4 since release on 2gb of ram in XP32/Vista32/Win7-64. On maxiumum settings @1280x1024 the games runs at a solid 50+fps.

@OP. Mate no offence but there is no way you were getting that high a FPS on your rig. The games engine itself has a frame limiter built in that caps the FPS automatically. If your getting frame rates above 50fps then there is nothing wrong with the game or your system. If your getting less than 50fps, then I suggest updating your graphics drivers.

Lexandro,I was just trying to help the guy,relax.Also, if you call running 1280x1024at a solid 50+ fps running smoothly...ok.Try it w/ more ram was all i was saying.Not trying to be sarcastic,but you should try it too.

I had no problem running cod4 on 2 gigs of ram (and WaW for that matter). As a matter of fact, I added 2 more gigs and the only difference it made was map load times. FPS were exactly the same.

If you want more fps, upgrade the vid card. The 8800's a good card, but the game will run better with more than 320 mb vram.

Last edited:
Back