Windows 7 Gears of War

Tazcada

I've tried this in compatibilty mode.

the error is "you cannot run this game with modified executable code" Any suggestions?

Gears not working?

Hey man! I had the exact same problem! Found out in the end that it's a problem with the game! Apparently the license to run the game expired on January 28th this year. Not sure if there's an update to sort it out yet but you can make it run by setting ur date back to before the 28th!

Hope this helps! ^_^

Ok, found an update for the pc to fix the problem! Oddly enough on the xbox site but there you go!

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hope it helps! ^_^

Last edited:
Fix gears of war non running problem

how to make gears of war work on windows 7 in 10 steps

1: full install the game

2: get the latest patch
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967644

3: install the patch

4: get a no cd patch (stops it asking for correct disk)
Link Removed - Invalid URL

5: on your pc go to th game directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries

6: select the file startup.exe and delete it

7: copy your new downloaded exe to the directory to replace it

8: right click startup.exe and use compatability selecting windows 95
(lol YES windows 95)

9: right click the file WarGame-G4WLive.exe use compatability and this time select the windows xp option

10: run the game from startup.exe or your games folder in start and enjoy, works 100% for me was amazed i even got it to work

oh if your game sticks on exit just press escape

this also works with virtual drives installed

the patch works for gears on any windows but it will still ask for the correct disk

happy gaming!!

hey man i have donde evreything you said but when i run the game it just works for five minuntes, and alsohow ca i do this step

please help me man

right click the gears of war icon, select
"open file location"

this will hilight it for u

right click the file and go to properties

in the window tha opens theres tabs at the top, one being compatability

check the box "run this program in compatability mode for:"

windows 95

apply then ok

should work for longer as iv now completed the game on win 7

I've made the steps, but, the game starts and after a few moments crashes (doesn't show any error message), and I've to kill the process.

Any idea?

Greetings

hello there

i have no idea, i tried allsorts to get it to work, i wrote down what i was trying so i wouldnt just keep doin the same thing. once i found the way it worked i posted on here, but since then i have moved house and dont have the notes anymore.

its strange cos the instructions i have posted should work.

the only thing i can think of is the version of 7 may be different as i used an early version of a test beta, think it was the fiist relears. also i am on 64bit so that may make a difference

sorry i cant help further even though id like to be able to :s

s.t.a.l.k.e.r.1976

my specs are

Abit A-N78HD Am2+
Athlon 64 x2 6400
8gb DDR2 800Mhz
XFX nVidia 8800gtx 768mb

at the time of playing G.O.W i was using a ATI3870HD 512mb

mmm, I've the beta too, the earlier version, on 32bit

I'll test it on 64.

Mine are:

NEOV3 am2
64X2 6000+
3GB RAM
XFX 9800GT DDR3

Thanks

*I'll keep you posted

help meeeeeee gow ppl

i seem to get a errot report saying u can not run in the modifies exicutable code!!!!! any body have a clue on what todo

my requirements are

asusel
T5850 intel core2 duo
1mb nvidia GT120m
2mb ram

plese tell me what to do cos i realy want to play this game

To play gears of war on my machine: I re-installed twice, totally removed GoW, and then did this.

Install patch two,and then Download the latest patch..... Gears_TU3... you can get it here: http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/11503/Gears+of+War+Patch+
I only have the icon for WarGame-G4WLive. I tried different compatibility modes and other than vista, none of it worked for me. The game has to be played through windows live if you want to save your progress.... otherwise it'll lose it's place and only give you Acts 1 and 5.

No guarantee this'll work., but it worked for me

one other problem

thankyou Tazcada,

iv tried what you asked and got in the game but it crashes down in abt 2 mins or rather 1min

how can i stop that and play the game continuing??

please if any one knows let me know im dying to play the game i even have windows live but no help

I've got different problem.
'Till 7100 compilation everything was fine. Now i got this HUGE fps drops:mad: It's, like from ~60 to 2(!) for about 5 seconds, then it's ok for about minute and the same thing again. Even in menu. I've tried few things, but nothing seems to help.
Here's my machine:
C2D E2140 @ 3 GHz
2 GB RAM
GeForce 8600 GTS
Please help!!!

It Worked !! BUT it died after 3 - 4 mins ... help me please !!

i did exactly everything and it worked beautifully but then it just turned off the game
can someone please help me as im desperate to play this game !!

how to make gears of war work on windows 7 in 10 steps

1: full install the game

2: get the latest patch
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967644

3: install the patch

4: get a no cd patch (stops it asking for correct disk)
http://gbw.naxpllc.net/files/GearsOfWarv1.1NoDVDFixedexeEng.rar

5: on your pc go to th game directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries

6: select the file startup.exe and delete it

7: copy your new downloaded exe to the directory to replace it

(lol YES windows 95)

9: right click the file WarGame-G4WLive.exe use compatability and this time select the windows xp option

10: run the game from startup.exe or your games folder in start and enjoy, works 100% for me was amazed i even got it to work

oh if your game sticks on exit just press escape

this also works with virtual drives installed

the patch works for gears on any windows but it will still ask for the correct disk

happy gaming!!

i did exactly everything and it worked beautifully but then it just turned off the game
can someone please help me as im desperate to play this game !!

Why not try re-installing and go through the above again?

I have done it about 4 - 6 times already and it keeps on doing it so i dont know .. if it cannot work,
then i'm considering of buying the real copy as i'm tired of doing these things LOL

Here are my comp specs ;

Intel Quad Core 2 Q6600 @ 2.40Ghz
3GB DDR
Windows 7 32bit <--- i think that's the problem
500GB SATA HD
Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT

It's odd that it worked for those few minutes though... Have you tried checking through the GOW forum?

It's a bug that also plagues the original, not just copied ones folks... Although it worked without any messing around on mine typically, just installed n run (once patched) and no issues.

I Need serious help. Im Running windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. and Ive installed gears of war, but when i try to install the patch, it gives me the cant run with modifialbe game content binaries thing. and i just tried to do it again and nothing came up again. Please this is my favorite game and I had to go through alot to get my hands on another copy, can anyone pls help?

*EDIT*
ALSO when I run the patch in certain compatibility modes, i get an error that says incorrect DVD-ROM inserted, which I have the gears of war disk inserted.
Im at the end of the line here i just dont know what to do.
:(

Last edited:
GOW crash after Microsoft logo appears

Hi,

I have installed GOW according to mentioned steps but after i run the game it loads and after microsoft logo appears the game crash to desktop.

Please help me :(

Back