Windows 7 Get a page of pics when trying to open a .pdf

Gardenia

When I get a link to open a pdf in Windows 7, I get a page of pics from recently opened websites instead. This has happened dozens of times. It doesn't always happen. Sometimes I can open a pdf. I haven't been able to discern what makes the difference but it may be mostly when I get a pdf in e-mail. Not sure. Help!

If you right click on the .pdf file and look at open with, which program is setup to be the default.

I think photoshop will sometimes use a .pdf file, but you need to make sure whatever you use to read .pdf files is selected as the default.

I believe you can also go to the start menu and click on default programs and set them up there.

If you right click on the .pdf file and look at open with, which program is setup to be the default.

I think photoshop will sometimes use a .pdf file, but you need to make sure whatever you use to read .pdf files is selected as the default.

I believe you can also go to the start menu and click on default programs and set them up there.
This worked, but I had to save it first. I couldn't just open it up with a right click. Thanks for your quick and useful reply.

Oh, one more thing. Microsoft Picture Manager was the file that was attempting to open the .pdf and giving me recently viewed pics from IE. I have been using various Windows for many years and have never had this happen before.

First uninstall THE BLOATWARE adobe acrobat BY USING RevoUinstaller. This REMOVES LEFTOVER FILES AND REGISTRY ENTRIES THAT THE STANDARD UNINSTALLER LEAVES BEHIND''download it HERE:

Sorry,. didn't notice Caps Lock was on

Her is the "reg hack" to fix that.

Another very popular reg file will remap the capslock key to a shift key so you
don't get caught typing in UPPERCASE all the time.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;change capslock to shift
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,2a,00 ,3a,00,00,00,00,00

Or totally disable the Capslock key so it does nothing.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;capslock does nothing
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,00,00 ,3a,00,00,00,00,00

First uninstall THE BLOATWARE adobe acrobat BY USING RevoUinstaller. This REMOVES LEFTOVER FILES AND REGISTRY ENTRIES THAT THE STANDARD UNINSTALLER LEAVES BEHIND''download it HERE:

Sorry,. didn't notice Caps Lock was on

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download

Now download Foxit Reader,. much more powerful and more features:
Foxit Reader - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
Thanks. I did get it fixed via another method, but this looks a good way to keep things tuned up on an ongoing basis.

Back