Windows 10 get stuck on Login Screen

Naim

Last night I intended to install a driver for 'SP flash tool' and so I restarted my windows on advance option and disabled driver signature inforcement. As I done before several month ago.

But this time my computer is not detecticng my keyboard and mouse and as well as my wifi adapter on login sreen. That is why I stuck on login screen and cannot login. I tried to connect devices in different ports but it is not responding at all!

Inside the BIOS my mouse and keyboard is functioning faultlessly so, I am sure that my keyboard and mouse is working. I think it is a driver issue.

What should I do now?

Device info:

OS: Windows 10 (fall creator) ( updated on first week of February)
Motherboard: MSI B250

Could you detail your "I restarted my windows on advance option and disabled driver signature inforcement."?

Also, does the mouse and the keyboard work normally if you enable that function again?

It is something I have, fortunately, never had a need to do. I read that you must then install the wanted drivers quickly, as the enfrcement delay is only temporary.

But, logically, I would say that during that short period, your computer installed unwanted mouse and keyboard drivers. If the situation does not improve after a restart, I would suggest a simple roll back of those drivers would do the trick.
You problem is, though, how to get into the computer to do that. Are you able, perhaps, to boot up in safe mode?

Last edited:
Hi Here's a article I created on another forum. Here's all the ways to recover W10. Let us know how things go.
Windows has several ways to get your PC up and running when you have a issue.
When you boot into the Advanced Startup mode, you will find several options that can help you fix problems. Here's a good link by HTG that explains this really well. It's a good place to start.
https://www.howtogeek.com/131916/ho...artup-options-to-fix-your-windows-8-computer/
Here's a tip if Windows won't boot!
If your PC isn’t loading Windows 10 and you don’t have the operating system installation files, you can use the following trick.

1. Start your computer and follow the POST, when Windows should begin loading, press the power button to shutdown your computer.

2. Repeat the previous step twice, and in the third restart the operating system should enter into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE), where a number of diagnostics will be performed to try fix any booting issues, but you will also get an option to access the Windows Startup Settings.

3. Here's 6 ways to recover W10. They are listed in the order that I would try. Hope this helps someone. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

I actually encountered this on a system I was working on 2 days ago. Rolling back to a previous system restore point resolved the issue.

hello guys!
thanks for the replies.
I managed to log in my PC by using a PS/2 keyboard. :)

I found my keyboard and mouse driver corrupted for an unidentified reason. I thought windows would automatically install the driver. But It didn't. Then I perform a system restore which resolves the driver issue and everything back to normal.

Especially thanks to @holdum333, If I could see your reply before buying the keyboard!

Back