Windows 7 Getting Windows 7 to boot again

TK182

Hi guys, I really hate having to ask for help but this time I feel I have no choice...

First of all, I know I screwed up, bad.

My problem is that I need to get my old windows 7 partition to be read as a system and/or boot drive again.
I have two hard disks. Primary Slave - "Media" has no OS installed on it: I want to keep it that way, and Primary Master has several partitions on it.

Originally, my disk was partitioned into a 50GB for windows 7 beta build 7100, and the remainder was for XP, both 32 bit. I could easily boot to either. All was working fine on win 7, so i decided to get rid of xp. Thats where it started. I thought because the pc was using win 7 bootloader, i could simply format the xp patition and everything would work. Not so much...

One thing I picked up, and dont understand, is that the win 7 part. is a logical drive, i never told anything to make it one. XP was a primary part.

Like I said, i got rid of xp by formatting the part. and when i reset, win 7 didnt want to load. So i reinstsalled xp because I thought it would be the quickest, and then i got into xp no problem, and i could access all of the win 7 files. I tried VistaBootPRO and EasyBSD to try and get win 7 to boot again, no luck there.

Next I installed vista because i didnt have win 7 on dvd, installed vista by shrinking xp part. prior to install. I thought because they have similar ways and means when it came to booting, it would have a better chance of fixing win 7. VBP, and easy bcd. No, once again.

Next I went into xp and did an upgrade to win 7 from the hdd. Now I have my original win 7 installation, a small vista install, and a small win 7 install. I can access my original 7, but i just cant get it to boot.

Thanks to anyone who replies. I really do not want to format my disk. It will be very time consuming to reinstall everything, and I love how it was. Another reason i don't want to format is all my web passwords are stored in Sxipper in Firefox, and I cant get them out, they're encrypted(checked Sxipper website). Thanks

Last edited:
Fixed

Problem solved :)

I got a win 7 repair only disk of the net, it fixed itself on boot. Thanks for the views. And hopefully this helps someone else.

Back
Top Bottom