Windows 7 Google Chrome fix!

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

As some of you have probably noticed I've done a lot of complaining about Google Chrome lately.

It wouldn't display this page correctly for one thing, always left a large blank space at the top with nothing in it.

It wouldn't open links for my mail or other sites.
I tried removing and re-installing it but that didn't help.

I even installed FireFox and started using that, but I still missed the ease of Chrome.

To day I searched and found the install file for Chrome from a year ago, then I completely removed the present one, installed the old one and everything works great again.

I won't let it update from here on I'm running version, 15.0.874.106.

Google Chrome 22.0.1229.56 Beta - History - FileHippo.com

They have really screwed it up, I'm not the only one complaining.
Turn off Google Update in the Start-up menu using CClearner Tools or by using msconfig.

Anyway if anyone else is having problems this worked for me.

Mike

Mike
I've had a lot of trouble in recent weeks. It's beginning to look like a conflict with Firefox it's Flash plugin and some drivers on my PC is the main culprit. I think they've all messed up the browsers lately. I hate IE 9 but am using it. I'll try Firefox again when new version comes out. I've also been thinking of reverting to an older version. I like File Hippo that you can frequently find earlier editions that the current release.
Joe

Hi

As some of you have probably noticed I've done a lot of complaining about Google Chrome lately.

It wouldn't display this page correctly for one thing, always left a large blank space at the top with nothing in it.

It wouldn't open links for my mail or other sites.
I tried removing and re-installing it but that didn't help.

I even installed FireFox and started using that, but I still missed the ease of Chrome.

To day I searched and found the install file for Chrome from a year ago, then I completely removed the present one, installed the old one and everything works great again.

I won't let it update from here on I'm running version, 15.0.874.106.

Google Chrome 22.0.1229.56 Beta - History - FileHippo.com

They have really screwed it up, I'm not the only one complaining.
Turn off Google Update in the Start-up menu using CClearner Tools or by using msconfig.

Anyway if anyone else is having problems this worked for me.

Mike

Yes. Google chrome is the best web browser today. I really love surfing over it. It has an attractive user interface and it doesn't crash.

Hi

There have been problems with both Flash and Java recently.
Going back to the older version seem to have gotten around that.

Mike

Back