Windows 7 Google Update Setup has stopped working

techmohu

Hi guys, im a newbie to this win7forum just now ive activated my link to post this first thread.
Here is my issue today ive tried to install Google Chrome browser in to my harddisk. But when i tried to click the setup file i got an error "Google setup has stopped working" check online for a solution and close the program. Ive tried many times to install this software but i failed. I think some files might be crashed right.

This is my problem in detail

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: ChromeSetup.exe
Application Version: 1.3.21.79
Application Timestamp: 4e851bbf
Fault Module Name: SDHook32.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.0.5.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e36cc58
Exception Offset: 00034e67
Exception Code: c0000417
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 80b3
Additional Information 2: 80b3720e26a2c96d54729a23f5155df9
Additional Information 3: 5736
Additional Information 4: 573666c82a104e8b1e75b25d0d7cd349

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Note : Ive checked my full system using AVG and spybot S&D. All files are clean with no defect. Is anyother problem in my system.???

Help me out
chrome.jpg

My hardware details

Intel Corei7 2600K processor
DH67BL motherboard
8GB corsair Ram
Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
Nvidia geforce Gt520 (ASUS) graphic card
500 GB Western Digital HDD

SDHook32.dll seems to be related to Spybot. Can you turn it off to test, or look for any updates?

Maybe see if Chrome has an update or fix..

I just recently came across this problem. As of this date, Chrome does not have a fix, but...

Saltgrass is correct...SDHook32.dll is related Spybot.
You may want to stop all Spybot services while installing Chrome (only during the install)
Do this by going to Spybot-S&D Start Center (should be under All Programs), select Services, "Elevate" if necessary,
proceed to stop the listed services (you follow the same procedure to start them later)

ChromeSetup.exe now should have no problem

I ran into an additional problem (If you need to uninstall the previous version of Chrome, it will probably not be completely removed with the usual uninstall methods), but if you are comfortable with editing your registry, the instructions for a manual uninstall can be found at this link: Manually uninstall Google Chrome in Windows - Google Chrome Help
Use the RUN line for Vista (Windows 7 uses the same location)

One additional note, you may want copy your bookmark/history files before completing a manual uninstall.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom