Windows 7 Graphics card Driver Problem

nehoma

Honorable Member
Graphics card Asus Nvidia gtx 275

When I tried to install the latest driver software it will not install the new driver. it says "System not modified" or "cannot find the Graphics card"
When my computer starts a notice comes up "Cannot find Graphic Card Details"
The graphics card is not shown in the device manager but it is shown as "Unknown device"
I have tried reinstalling the older driver but that wont install either it gives me the same error messages.
Can anyone help me please.

PS I have just noticed in the properties box for the device (in device manager) it says "access denied" what do I do to gain acces ??

Last edited:
Hi nehoma,
is this a new card you've fitted? Just to get you started try running windows update and see what it throws up...

My spec is wrong, it is a fairly new card but has been in and running well for several months now.
I have the downloaded latest drive from Asus. No problem there.
Also I have tried windows update and it does indeed try and install the drivers for my GTX 275 card but fails and try again also fails.
I feel it is something to do with the "Access Denied" error message. I have been googling for an answer to this and find that others have the same problem but so far no solution. Thanks guys

Where does it say GTX 275?

Right click on the unknown Device and choose update driver softeare

Go out to thr Internet if it asks

Last edited:
To be honest nehoma whenever I fit something biggish like a new card I always do a clean install.. Why not try that?

OK guys thanks for help. I went into safe mode and then to Windows Updates and the driver went in a treat. all is well now but I dont get this "access denied" thing tho. according to some forums in Google it is a common thing with win 7 when installing device drivers.

Nice one Pete! Glad you got it sorted, I never thought of using 'safe-mode'...Doh! :)

A bonus here! since installing the new driver for my graphics card my game Virtual Pool now works a treat. So it was nothing to do with Win 7 but all to do with the GPU that it did not work previously. That is everything I use working now.

Back
Top Bottom