Windows 7 gt 240 two displays?????

riclx

hello... my first post here!!!
i wanted to know how you can put two displays working on a gt 240.
i have a one vga and one hdmi?
is it possible? how its done?
thanks

Does your card have two DVI ports, If so just buy a DVI to VGA Adaptor for the VGA Display. Then Buy a DVI to HDMI Adaptor or a DVI to HDMI converter cable for the other display. You can get them off online shops, NewEgg if you are in the US or from Ebay very cheaply. Otherwise go to a local computer shop (they all ways have them or have spares), Or try going to Tandy or DickSmith if you live in AUS.

hello... my first post here!!!
i wanted to know how you can put two displays working on a gt 240.
i have a one vga and one hdmi?
is it possible? how its done?
thanks

GT 240 - DVI/VGA/HDMI

Do your monitors support these connections? You need to have the right cables (VGA, HDMI) or, as mentioned, use converters (DVI to HDMI) instead.

From my own experience I should tell you a straight DVI or an HDMI connection is better than DVI to HDMI, and there are hardly any advantages with hdmi besides the hdmi sound.

HDMI can carry Video as well as Audio so if your monitor has inbuilt speakers you can use this baring in mind DVI-D can do this as well, saving that extra speaker cable clutter. Yes I prefer strait cables but if you don't have them or can't get them use the adaptors.

I agree with Firecracker. It's just my experience, I have external speakers 5.1, 5W + 35W Subwoofer, and I also have a TV/Monitor combo with 7W built-in speakers, and my external speakers sound much more like 3D. So HDMI sound is cool but I'd say definitely not enough, it can hardly compete with the external sub - what actually gives you a 3d environment. Besides, HDMI cable is more expensive than DVI or VGA. Something to consider ...

hi...
mi graphic has the three... hdmi, vga and dvi.
can i put the two monitors plugged in the same board?
using the hdmi and vga cable?
thanks

hi...
mi graphic has the three... hdmi, vga and dvi.
can i put the two monitors plugged in the same board?
using the hdmi and vga cable?
thanks

Yes you can, provided you have those ports on the back side of your PC. Haven't you tried yet? Technically, gtx240 gives you such an opportunity to connect several monitors.

not yet... just moved to another flat....
ill try in the next days and tell you how it works....
thanks

lolol
works like a charm!!!! thanks!!!
only one more question....
about the sound....
it only comes out thru the hdmi (tv)
my monitior (vga) as built in speakers...
is there any way to be able for the sound to come thru thee 2 ways?
thanks

I can tell what I did,

my rig ATI 5870 + Realtek, I installed these drivers:

1. Catalyst (ATI drivers), this also installed ATI HDMI driver
2. Realtek Sound
3. Realtek ATI HDMI driver

In Realtek Control Panel, I set HDMI DEFAULT OUTPUT.

Back
Top Bottom