Windows 7 Guys Help for TP-LINK (TL-WN722N)

GusG

Guys i need your help!!! I have just installed windows 7 64-bit and I can't connect to my modem!! I have a TP-LINK WN722N which it works!!! Then when i go to connect with my modem at connections , it says that the connection cannot be done, because i think my modem is locked for not allowing others to have the same connection as me... I didn't do the connection but one of my father's friend who is on holidays so i need your help...What I have to do to connect???Maybe i didn't fix some settings ...Please reply!!:(:(:(:(:(

Last edited:
Hi.

It probably has a mac address whitelist OR mac address blocking. Use another computer to visit the router's webpage. See how the mac addresses are setup. Add your machine's mac to the allowed list.

Usually, you can find the settings page by visiting one of the following addresses:

http://192.168.0.1

http://192.168.1.1

If neither connect, then look at your router manual for the proper address.

-------

To find your machine's mac (physical address), open a command prompt and copy/paste the following to it and then hit enter:
Code:
ipconfig /all

Last edited:
I have a speedtouch 585 ... but i don't know what to do now at the site... If i understood , i have to add a new connection for the other pc or something like this?? sry , i don't have any idea for these things... if you can help me by telling me by steps what to do it will be great :)

well, i searced and i find out that neither of connections have the same as physical address......What else can i do?But from my laptop it's ok!! i can see the physical address and it's the same with the site!!

Last edited:
On the computer that can't connect, do this.

Open a command prompt, then copy/paste this command to it and hit enter:

Code:
ipconfig /all

Write down the physical address.

Then go to your laptop and click this:

http://192.168.1.254/

Find the filters section or where other mac addresses are allowed. Make a new entry and input the address you wrote down. Save the settings.

Then go back to the computer that didn't work and see if it works now.

I go to Home Network and it says Wireless:.........
Ethernet:.........
How can i add a new connection at ethernet i don't see an add or something like this....
Also at local network devices i can see the ip's from all of my pc's and they have as interface (ethport) but i have another one which says IP:0.0.0.0 AND INTERFACE (WLAN)

Last edited:
In addition to what TorrentG has already suggested, since your original remarks indicate that you "have just installed Windows 7", if you haven't done so already please go here Link Removed due to 404 Error download and install the proper Win7 driver for the tp-link.
Second, go here http://www.speedtouch.com/documentation/ST585v6/R540/UserGuide/HTML/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?single=false&context=ug&topic=init use this manual to adjust your particular wireless device to be allowed access to the router. I believe you need to expand Home Network , and then Access Point Settings, scroll down and read the portion on Allowing New wireless near the bottom. You may have to explictly allow the new device. Just take your time and read all the relevant information. Also you need to make sure that you are using the proper security key for whatever encryption level your father's friend setup

I have just read it. But i don't understand what I have to do here:
Proceed as follows to register new wireless network clients via the association button:
Push the Association button on the SpeedTouch™front panel for at least two seconds.
The WLAN LED toggles between green and red.
The ACL will be unlocked for a time frame of one minute. Any new wireless client successfully attempting to connect to the SpeedTouch™ (having the correct wireless settings, that is the network name and, if required, the network key) within the time frame of one minute, will be added to the table. The SpeedTouch™ automatically saves your current configuration at the end of the registration phase.
note.gif

Some WLAN clients do not automatically join a WLAN. If so, follow the instructions for the WLAN client software to initiate the association.
Successfully registered stations are associated to the SpeedTouch™ WLAN. Depending on your WLAN client adapter, a wireless icon may become green or a message similar to the following may appear: “Successfully joined Wireless network SpeedTouch123456”.
The wireless clients will be added to the SpeedTouch™ ACL.
After one minute the ACL is locked.
note.gif

The registration procedure can be repeated as often as needed.

Guys i closed my speedtouch and i opened it and now it appears a new local network device which has an ip and interface WLAN .... this might be the my computer...how can i enable it now??

Don't know if we could possibly explain it any better.
What happens when you follow the instructions?
When you push the button does it toggle green to red for a minute?
When this is happening, can you see your SSID in available wireless networks?
If so when you select it and click the connect button, are you prompted for a security key or phrase?
When you type it in does it connect, or at least attempt to connect?
Do you receive any error messages, if so at what stage in the process.
Did you use the ipconfig /all utility from a command prompt like TorrentG recommended, if so post the results back here for your wireless card.
Did you install the latest driver? Does device manager show the wireless adapter OK?
Type services.msc into the search box and hit enter
scroll down to UPnP Device Host, make sure it's started, you can even set the startup type to automatic if you like just double click it to change the condition and startup type.
Same thing with WLAN AutoConfig start it and set it to automatic
If you installed any additional wireless management software or utilities along with the driver from TP-LINK you may want to try uninstalling that software and allow Windows 7 to manage the wireless connection itself.

I have installed the drivers... Look when i press the connect button , i am not prompt for a code, it is trying to connect and then it says the connection cannot be done............ One thing i forgot when i had windows xp i had a wireless card planet wl-8310 but for windows 7 64-bit has no drivers , so i bought usb adapter ... maybe i have to take the wireless card from the pc???And for ipconfig/all i can't send you the results because there are at greek :( Sry guys i am doing this thing for first time in my life and thank you very much for just replying to my questions..If you want i can send you the results but i will change them from greek to english a little bit..

Last edited:
HERE ARE THE RESULTS FROM THE PC WITH THE PROBLEM:
Microsoft Windows [Έκδοση 6.1.7600]
Πνευματικά δικαιώματα (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Με επιφύλαξη κάθε νόμιμου
δικαιώματος.

C:\Users\user>ipconfig/all

Ρύθμιση παραμέτρων IP των Windows

Name PC . . . . : user-PC
Επίθημα κύριου DNS . . . . . . . :
Τύπος κόμβου. . . . . . . . . . . : Υβριδικός
Enable δρομολόγησης IP. . . : No
Enable μεσολάβησης WINS . . : No

Προσαρμογέας LAN Σύνδεση wireless network 2:

Condition μέσου . . . . . . . . . : Not Connected
Επίθημα DNS συγκεκριμένης σύνδεσης:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 92-0C-6D-81-55-EF
Enable DHCP. . . . . . . . : Yes
Auto Change Enable . . . . . : Yes

Προσαρμογέας LAN Connection wireless network:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : TP-LINK 150Mbps Wireless Lite N Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 94-0C-6D-81-55-EF HERE IS THE USB ADAPTER

Προσαρμογέας Ethernet lan connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigab
it Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1A-92-72-DE-39 HERE IS MY OLD WIR. CAR

Προσαρμογέας διοχέτευσης Σύνδεση τοπικού δικτύου* 2:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
Enable DHCP. . . . . . .. . : No

C:\Users\user>

Not a problem, perfectly understandable.
If you open the network and sharing center on the Windows 7 machine and in the left column select manage wireless networks, do you see your network listed it should be your router's SSID (security set identifier).
From here you should be able to edit the profile properties, by selecting the encryption level and entering the necessary key.
You can even delete and start over if you like and or create a new profile manually by clicking the add button.
As far as the ipconfig /all command is concerned we're mainly just looking for numbers that make since that you may or may not be getting from the DHCP server on your network (the router probably).
Typically they would be
An ipaddress (something like 192.168.1.nnn)
A subnet mask (something like 255.255.255.0
A default gateway (something like 192.168.1.nnn)
And preferred and alternate DNS servers usually the same as the default gateway.
Any of which you can edit manually if need be but we'll save that for later

Sorry, I was unavailable for a while. It seems that we also posted almost at the same time, I was writing as you were posting the results for ipconfig.
It doesn't seem that you are getting any information from the router.
So take another look at the router documentation...I believe there is a setting in there to automatically accept registration for new network nodes, you may want to give that a try to help with some of the possible confusion of trying to resolve your connection issue in the one minute that the router gives you to complete the task before it locks its' access control list again.
Also for the time being disable IPv6 under the properties of your wireless adapter, that's probably not the issue but it's not going to hurt to try and you can reverse any of this just by going back and changing back to their original settings.
Also, just as an aside, do you have an option to actually plug the computer into the router using a Cat5 or Cat6 cable just to see if the problem is the wireless adapter or something else entirely?

I think that i found the problem ... HERE http://192.168.1.254/ AT HOME NETWORK SECTION I MUST ADD THE MAC ADDRESS FROM THE PC WHICH HAS THE PROBLEM ... I CAN SEE THE MAC ADDRESSES AND IPS FROM MY OTHER COMPUTERS , SO HOW CAN I ADD A THE MAC ADDRESS THERE????

You have to add the mac address OF the pc that has the problem (emphasis in bold). It doesn't matter where you're doing it from.

So as long as you can see the page, input the "bad" machine's mac. Save it. Then reboot the router for good measure although it's probably unnecessary as it will likely do so on it's own.

Hope this helps. :)

Yes I understood, but HOW can i add the bad pc's mac address??i press configure and it doesn't give me something that i can add the bad pc's mac address...

This information is from the documentation link that I included in an earlier post.
Registering clients via Web pages

Proceed as follows to add a wireless client to the ACL:
Go to the SpeedTouch™ Web pages.
In the menu, select Home Network > Devices.
In the Pick a task list, click Search for wireless devices.

The SpeedTouch™ searches for new wireless stations that use the encryption key of the SpeedTouch™ Access Point.
The SpeedTouch™ takes you to the Home Network. The new station will be shown next to the name of the SpeedTouch™ WLAN.
Click the name of the new station.
Click Configure.
Select Allowed on WLAN, and then click Apply.

The device is added to the ACL and will always be allowed to connect to the SpeedTouch™.
Keep us posted

Yes, i have done it, it shows me the wireless station (WLAN) . Then when i go Home Network->Devices it shows me the wireless station that i have just found and it has IP 0.0.0.0 and INTERFACE (WLAN) , and the other pc's have IP and interface (ETHERNET)...How can i make it from WLAN to ETHERNET????

Back