Windows 10 Had windows 8 before, and now I have to downgrade to 7?!

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help and Support' started by MyJeffrey1999, Oct 17, 2015.

1. MyJeffrey1999

MyJeffrey1999 New Member

Oct 17, 2015
    Hello. I'm new to posting / Threading or however you call it. This is a strange thing that happened to me. I downloaded Windows 10. Because I made a reservation. But I don't like Windows 10, because I can't open some programs, or they don't work. So, I looked up how to downgrade to my older version of windows, and I did that. But when I did, it didn't say: "Go to make a Back-up and put back (Windows 7) ((OR however it is in English, because I don't have my settings on English...)) ". But the weird thing that I noticed, was that I did not have Windows 7 before. I had Windows 8 before. And people might think like: "Maybe he did his windows illegal!" But no, I didn't. If anyone could help me, thanks. And again, I'm not good in making Threads.
  2. MikeHawthorne

MikeHawthorne Essential Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

May 25, 2009
    If you have a laptop, does it have a recovery partition?
    If you have a PC do you have Windows 8 install media of some kind.

What software are you having problems with in Windows 10?

I haven't had problems running anything even my old stuff seems to work fine.

Maybe someone can help you solve your problems with 10.

3. strollin

strollin Senior Member

Jul 21, 2013
    I'm not sure I understand the issue. The Win 10 rollback feature does not install a different OS, it only restores the OS you had before the upgrade. The previous OS is saved in a folder named Windows.old.

Are you saying you did the rollback and wound up with Win 7? I don't see how that is possible.
    kemical likes this.