Windows 10 Halting windows 10 upgrade

If you still have the Get Windows 10 icon in the bottom right down by the clock, click it to open it
There are three little lines stacked in the top right of that interface the call a hamburger menu, click that
hamburgermenu.JPG

Then click "View confirmation"
confirm.JPG

Then click "Cancel reservation"
cancel.JPG

Thank you very much.

You see, Ia have made a reservation on two machines running Windows 7, with only 4GB of RAM. I am afraid that W10 resources requirements will be higher, slowing down the machines, so I'd rather test W10 on a newer & faster machine before upgrading.
Maybe I could simply download the ISO and postpone the install?

fyi if you come back to it later, those stats should be ok and my old w7 zipped through the install... I used the tool Mike posted to make an iso/ burn it to usb and ran it.
wxm.png

active.png

It is free for the first year so you do have a limited amount of time to get it for free but it should be plenty of time if you want to postpone it.

It is almost impossible to get rid of the gwx app from a system that is running it now but yes you can always opt out of the reserve... a re-install of your basic w7 would be my advise but that's up to you mate... good luck.

Back