Windows 7 Hard Disk Disappeared

Gubby24

Hello Guys,

Weird thing happened today.
My Hard Drive .. partitions disappeared in Windows.

I have a SSD that holds C: (Windows) and D: (some frequently used stuff)
I have a HDD that held E: I am not sure if there was also an F: ? I don't think so.

Anyway, I was downloading something directly to E: and I noticed the download had stopped.
I tried to resume it, it wouldn't work.
I thought "A restart is in order"

Unfortunately after the restart I saw a message from Dropbox saying "You moved your dropbox location, it used to be E:\Dropbox"

When I opened my Computer, my E: is nowhere to be found :(
When I open Device Manager, my Hard is still there.
I paid attention to the sounds my computer makes, there doesn't seem to be any signs of troubles in the Hard Drive. No Click Click / seeking sounds.

When I go to Administrative Tools / Storage, it says my Hard Drive is not Initialized.

I've read some things here: 6 Ways to Fix Disk Unknown Not Initialized in Windows 10/8/7 - EaseUS but I have tried their soft before to recover data and it does not do what they advertise. So I don't really trust them.

Can you guys tell me if there is a way to attempt to recover my Partitions / My Data before I do anything that will forever make them unrecoverable ?

I would at least like to see the content..
I don't keep pictures or personal videos on hard drive .. so all the content should be re-acquirable.. just I don't even remember what I had on it.

Thank you in advance for your assistance on this.
I use Windows 7

Hey Guys,

If anyone has any tips, or has encountered a similar situation, I would really appreciate it your input.

Even if it's not what I want to hear :)

Back