Windows 7 Hard Drive not detected

iSTEVEO93

Last night I was up installing windows 7 and everything was going fine. I saved all my important files and what not before I installed windows 7 to my secondary "STORAGE Hard Drive".
Now today once Windows 7 was completed my 2nd Hard Drive doesnt seem to be detected at all.
Note, both of the hard drives are the same and both are internal.

Any suggestions on how to get my 2nd hard drive detectable?

The boot order probably got switched.

Hit the F8 Key to bring up the Boot menu,. if you have one and choose the second hard drive done to boot from.

If that fails try the first one.

If you don;y have that option,. you'll need to get into the BIOS and change the position of the hard drive to the top position.

The boot order probably got switched.

Hit the F8 Key to bring up the Boot menu,. if you have one and choose the second hard drive done to boot from.

If that fails try the first one.

If you don;y have that option,. you'll need to get into the BIOS and change the position of the hard drive to the top position.

You are a true genius reghakr. Thank you ;)

Ok, this is strange.
Literally ten mins in looking in the 2nd hard drive folders and out of nowhere it disappears.
I restarted my computer to see if it ould appear again and fail', it still doesnt work.
How could of this happen? For a moment it was their and it just disappeared..
Suggestions?

It bothers me that you say you installed Windows 7 to the Secondary hard drive.The boot drive needs to be drive 0 which means it should be listed first in the Bios. Sometimes having two drives the same gets confusing, so make sure you are looking at the correct one. Maybe Windows is ignoring the other hard drive in order to make the Windows 7 drive the Drive 0.

Unplug one drive until you get things working and then plug it back in, or try setting the other drive to first in the Bios. I have two identical Seagate drives that look the same except one says PM-XXXXXXXX and one says SM-XXXXXXXX.

Back
Top Bottom