Windows 10 Hard Drive Test

What can i do now , are any of these any good . I followed the instructions as listed .
Hmm.. Well if it was me I'd detach the drive and see if the crashes stop.

If they do reconnect the device and see if the come back. If the y do then you know it's the device thats faulty?

I went to the local city to test that hard drive , one was ÂŁ5 but he only tested upto 4TB . One only tested upto 8TB , one could test the 18TB but it would cost ÂŁ20 per half hour and it could take hours . Both computer shops in the towns near me are shut , i went to the city pc shops thinking they would have plenty of testing software . I never realised there would be limits , its just been a waste of tiime .

A partial test of a disk is a good indication of the health of the whole disk.

If the disk disk, when mounted in your pc still causes crashes you may also think of cables being damaged even a too small powersupply. A crashdump may tell more but none showed up. Could you try the Powershel script?

How do i run PowerShell Script , i downloaded the ap . There is a video that says run it from notepad but i can't find folder options in my control panal .

Attachments

• PowerShell Script.PNG
    PowerShell Script.PNG
    171.5 KB · Views: 41
In the last line of my answer #64, sorry for the typo, is a link to a script of Neemobeer which helps collecting crashdumps. Copy the code into your powershell and run it.

When i r/click and run as administrator this is what i get .

Attachments

• Run as admistrator.PNG
    Run as admistrator.PNG
    106.1 KB · Views: 39
You did not copy from this link the procedure into powershell.
It starts with

$CollectDir = "$env:USERPROFILE\Desktop\SYSTEMREPORT"
$DumpPath = "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl"

and ends with

$dumpdir = Get-DumpSettings -Path $DumpPath
Create-Archive -DumpLocation $dumpdir

Could you try that and run it?

Last edited:
I copied off neemobeer , powershell script and got . Are these files any good .

Attachments

• Open folder.PNG
    Open folder.PNG
    234.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Opened folder.PNG
    Opened folder.PNG
    69.6 KB · Views: 33
I typed
$dumpdir = Get-DumpSettings -Path $DumpPath
Create-Archive -DumpLocation $dumpdir
into script .

I did copy and paste it , everything as in my post and i'm still none the wiser about getting a dump file from it . This PC has just restarted once again while online . The pics above 2 entries back show the results .

This is what i get with the first 2 lines pasted in.

Attachments

• File not dissplayed.PNG
    File not dissplayed.PNG
    150.4 KB · Views: 29
When i try and create a dump file with microsoft edge , the dump file is greyed out .

Attachments

• Dump Greyed.PNG
    Dump Greyed.PNG
    112.1 KB · Views: 29
For some reason microsoft edge was left open , with the msg create dump . I think it worked that time . Just have to find it now .

Attachments

• DUMP FILE.PNG
    DUMP FILE.PNG
    618.6 KB · Views: 32
The dump file that has been created during your tests with that disk, are important and may reveal a clue what is wrong, either with that disc or wrong with your system.
Creating a dump yourself wil not help.

Back
Top Bottom