Windows 7 HDD usage very high even on idle

Sokaz

It appears my HDD usage is very high even on idle. What information do I need to provide in order to receive help?

You can check what you have running, in Task Manager, press Ctrl+Alt+Del, choose Task Manager. Most probably you have something running, of which you may not know. The main source could be Applications.

Not uncommon, you may have installed something that came with an add-on. They are the common nuisance today. Make some screenshots, post them here.

Best wishes.

You can check what you have running, in Task Manager, press Ctrl+Alt+Del, choose Task Manager. Most probably you have something running, of which you may not know. The main source could be Applications.

Not uncommon, you may have installed something that came with an add-on. They are the common nuisance today. Make some screenshots, post them here.

Best wishes.

Whatever this is, It's also using a quite a bit of my cpu.

Here is a image of system monitor.
Z07oToH.png

ekrn.exe may be the problem. http://www.processlibrary.com/en/directory/files/ekrn/400651/

Even if doesn't use that much power, it may react with Malwarebytes, which seemingly takes a lot, mbamservice.exe. Both are connected to Steam --- hard to tell what the root of the problem is.

Seems possible that Eset Smart Security + Malwarebytes + Steam collide. Close one down, to check... close another down, to check...

Hopefully you'll find the path. And do reboot! ;)

Back
Top Bottom