Windows 7 HDMI Audio Out driver woes!

Slyman

Hi guys, I have searched across the forums to see if anyone else is using the same chipset as me and I cannot see anyone else so posting this to hopefully get some advice. I have noticed lots of people with HDMI audio out issues and the realtek audio chipset but no one with the same chipset as me.

I have an ASROCK 4CORE-1333FULLHD Motherboard and Windows 7 doesn't appear to allow HDMI audio out with this. I have dualboot into both windows 7 and vista and the default vista drivers are fine in vista but windows 7 doesn't even see HDMI audio out as an option.

I have upgraded the BIOS firmware to the latest version, I have tried all of the latest drivers from the ASROCK website and none of them work (if they even load at all - some won't even work with the compatibility wizard running).

In vista my audio devices show a Digital output device (SPDIF) and this relates to the HDMI audio out. I don't see this in windows 7. It just shows a single device and says the speakers aren't plugged in (which they aren't since I use the HDMI out through my HIFI system).

Since I use my PC as a media center then this is a major issue for me so any help would be appreciated. I don't want to have to buy a new motherboard just for the sake of driver support but I also want to take advantage of the new SKY Player options that are now available in media center.

Are you connecting the HDMI out to the TV and the optical cable also.

Do you have this hooked up to s home theater receiver?

Back
Top Bottom