Windows 8 Headset and speakers

KevinZ

Hi! Im new to the forums and all so I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here.

So basically i have a problem with my headset and speakers. I have a speaker that a slot for me to plug in a headset. My speaker is a insignia-2.0 stereo computer speaker system (2-piece)- Black. you can search this up on bestbuy or something since it didnt allow me to post a link.

I've never really tried to talk into my headset but when i did today, it didn't work. I tried playing around with the sound options and i noticed only speakers show up in playback sounds. My headset doesn't show up there.

To sum it all up, i want to be able to use my headset while its connected to my speaker and see if its passible.

Thanks!!

Oh ok. But i tried to unplug them and see if the headset appears in the playback sounds, it doesn't. i have a dell inspiron 3847 if that can tell you why that doesn't appear when i unplug the speakers.

Does you headset have a mic? Does you headset have one or two 3.5mm plugs?

Generally, with headsets that use 3.5mm plugs, there are 2, 1 for audio and 1 for mic. I've not seen a headset with a mic that only has 1 3.5mm plug. What's the make and model of your headset?

As bassfisher6522 has already indicated...
Headsets with a single cord / connector / jack are usually reserved for telephone use, typically cordless or cell phones.
For the most part PCs on the other hand require two separate connections (jacks), usually color coded as "green" for speakers / headphones and a light shade of "red" often "pink" for the microphone either desktop or integrated into your headset.
If you look at the connections that are on your PC you will likely be able to see those connectors (ports) with the color coding and perhaps even small symbols indicating their usage.

Sorry for the late response, celebrating chinese new year.

But my headset is a tritton kunai. I looked in my box today and found many wires just like trouble said, green and pink. I really didnt care about those until now because i used this headset for my laptop with only the 1 3.5mm jack and it works perfectly fine without the others.

Now that i know i need these green and pink wires, where should i plug them so that i can plug my headset in without unplugging my speakers?

So what device did you buy this headset for....PC, PlayStation 3 or 4, Xbox, Wii?

It should have come with an adapter to make the connection.....connect the pink plug to mic port and the green plug to the speaker port.
http://support.madcatz.com/Knowledg...s-and-manuals-for-my-tritton-branded-products

headset.PNG

I bought the universal tritton kunai.

Will this allow me to have both my speakers and headset plugged in at the same time?

Hi! Im new to the forums and all so I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here.

So basically i have a problem with my headset and speakers. I have a speaker that a slot for me to plug in a headset. My speaker is a insignia-2.0 stereo computer speaker system (2-piece)- Black. you can search this up on bestbuy or something since it didnt allow me to post a link.

I've never really tried to talk into my headset but when i did today, it didn't work. I tried playing around with the sound options and i noticed only speakers show up in playback sounds. My headset doesn't show up there.

To sum it all up, i want to be able to use my headset while its connected to my speaker and see if its passible.

Thanks!!
Just to make sure, did you already tried to enable "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices" in the Playback Devices?

Back