Windows 7 Help i cant install windows 7

brookey

Hi

I have tried to install windows 7 ultimate but i cannot do it.

I keep having this message when i try to setup from desktop:
''windows detected that this computer has 248 ram, but 512 is required for installation, installation cannot proceed.''

So i tried setup from booting from the disk and this error message came up:
''A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer, crql_not_less_or_equal''

Can someone advise me on what to do or help please!!!

Thanks

Hi

I have tried to install windows 7 ultimate but i cannot do it.

I keep having this message when i try to setup from desktop:
''windows detected that this computer has 248 ram, but 512 is required for installation, installation cannot proceed.''

So i tried setup from booting from the disk and this error message came up:
''A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer, crql_not_less_or_equal''

Can someone advise me on what to do or help please!!!

Thanks

How much memory do you actually have? It looks like Windows 7 itsn't finding enough memory to support Windows 7.

This is what ive found i have:
Intel(R)
Pentium 4 CPU 2.93Ghz
2.93GHz, 248 of RAM

Hope this helps

That has to be mb.. you realy need 2 GB about 8 times that much memory to run Windoww 7... although it will run on less. Was this system running Vista? I'm pretty sure Vista wouldn't run on 248 mb.

Either your system isn't correctly finding your memory or you have to get some more.

Windows 7 requires 512Mb to install. You only have half that amount. You will need to double your RAM just to install Windows 7. To effectively run Windows 7 on a daily basis I would recommend 2 Gb of RAM.

If you get a memory upgrade you should be in business.

Good Luck

Back