Help Keep The Site Going Strong

Re: Some understand, some may not

Mike, may I say, you've done one hell of a job, to make this site what it is today from what it was 2 years ago when I joined, even more so over the past few months,
adamsappleone-albums-emoticons-picture14927t-sparkle.gif
Kudos
adamsappleone-albums-emoticons-picture14927t-sparkle.gif
my friend.
adamsappleone-albums-emoticons-picture14930t-salute.gif

Don

Re: Some understand, some may not

I must agree wholeheartedly with the great job Mike is doing on the site .It is no easy matter to keep a forum in the public eye . Money and time and energy are the main requirements .
Sometimes I guess it seems, like one step forward and two back .
I have watched with more then casual interest, the many moves ,Mike has used to keep the forum current and at times ahead of other forums .
The forums new appearance is very cool and nobody seems to have any thing but good words for it .
Great work Mike :)

Windows7Forums.com and its new subsidiary website Windows8Forums.com continue to incur the costs of website hosting and development. These costs continue to be an ever-present burden for the site, as millions of computer users from around the world make use of our vast database of knowledge. Over the last several weeks, despite setbacks including illness, we have been working to promote the option for any member to disable all advertising through their Settings menu. This option is now available. That means that the Premium Supporter program is changing gears. We continue to reply on member donations to keep the site online and operable. But whereas, in the past, member donations were being received in great measure, as of late, those donations have dropped off. We have lost many of our key premium supporters. In an effort to bolster the Premium Supporter offering, we hope that you will consider the time and effort that has been spent to create such a great forum experience. In that tradition, we are providing Lifetime Premium Supporter memberships for $30.00 USD and monthly memberships for half that price on Windows7Forums.com. These donations go towards supporting the website's increasing infrastructure. We consider our members the most important visitors we have, and as such, this program continues its operations. We continue to hope that through donations, we will be able to provide website users with great content, solutions, and assistance.

This year alone, we have improved our search engine capacity exponentially, reduced website load time, provided a site-wide advertising opt-out button to all members, expanded our outreach with content delivery network services, and have provided dozens of instructional videos. We have also instituted new website themes, added new publishing options through Facebook and Google+, and continue to support new web standards. This could not be possible without the financial backing of advertisers or premium members. We hope that premium members will be supportive in the role of helping the website continue its operations. Although we continue to try to reduce operating expenditures, a website of such size and scope continues to require assistance in these areas. We will be looking at ways at even further improving the Premium Supporter offering until such a time that we are confident that members will be interested in helping contribute to the forums in such a way. The reality is that there continues to be a clear disparity in the information that we serve every day and the amount of assistance we receive by way of user contributions.

By making advertising optional for all members, we hope that this encourages members to help with a donation. We will be working to make this possibility an even further reality by promoting even more rewards for Premium Supporters and working in the direction of promoting the program as best as possible.

Thank you to those who have already contributed in such a manner.

Please note: As of September 6, 2012, we are no longer offering a recurring subscription service. We are, however, making all subscription payments, large and small, grant unlimited gold membership to our subscribers. Thus, we have overhauled our subscription payment system at Link Removed due to 404 Error for current and future members. Any questions, please use this thread.

HI Guys,
I am new to this forum and looking forward to help and learn new things .
I feel the website needed to improve its game mechanics(awarding points and badges) and its design otherwise i find the website pretty good.:worship:

Yes both Windows 7 Forums and Windows 8 Forums are very popular sites and probably has over a thousand members.

But people don't just use Windows 7,there are many Windows users who have still got Windows XP and Windows Vista. And some even have an older version of Windows,Windows 2000,98,and 95 and older, and are still using it as well as Windows 7. And I am one of those users,who is using Windows XP,Windows Vista and Windows 8(on different netbooks) as well as Windows 7.

So maybe you should change the forum name to Windows Forums. But the problem with that is that there is already another forum called Windows Forums at Link Removed - Invalid URL. Which is probably why you chose Windows 7 Forums name for this site.

But one thing I and maybe some other users find frustrating is that Windows 8 Forums is a separate website to this site, Windows 7 Forums. And in order to post on Windows 8 Forums we have to register again on that site. And our accounts on Windows 8 Forums are separate to our forum accounts on this forum.

So may I suggest that instead of having 2 separate websites,Windows 7 Forums and Windows 8 Forums. Just make it one website and one forum that covers both Windows 7 and Windows 8. As well as other versions of Windows,that you already have,here on Windows 7 Forums.

That way members of this forum will not have to create another account on another forum(Windows 8 Forums) in order to post any problems about Windows 8. And also a lot of people don't like going from one site to another site to view something.

So therefore if you have just one website or forum that covers both Windows 7 and Windows 8. That would be better. But it is up to you,this is only my suggestion. Andrea Borman.

What you are requesting will happen in due time. But there are no plans to change the fact that Windows 8 Forums is a seperate website at this time. It is not that too much is involved in making such a change, it is that we would lose people looking for information on each individual operating system very quickly. We were also defrauded of the name windowsforums.com by John Fairbrother, the owner of SevenForums.com in ICANN UDRP Case: http://domains.adrforum.com/domains/decisions/1454516.htm

The seller of a BuyItNow auction at Afternic defrauded us of around $6995.00, which was recovered. However, the instigator of the failed sale was Fairbrother and agents of that site, which we confirmed through multiple registrars outside of the United States. The cost to engage in criminal and civil litgation against this man currently exceeds our capabilities or willingness to do so over a domain name. We have another one that we will use any way, that has been registered since 1999.

The time simply is not right to merge both sites. This event will come when both sites have active participants and a number of internal issues on both sites are resolved. It will likely take place at a time close to the release of a version of Windows following Microsoft Windows 8.

Yes I read about that on Sysnative on the thread which you and I took part in. Where several members were also banned from Seven Forums. And you are right,you cannot call your site Windows Forums, because there is already another site with the same name.

There is a Windows Forums at Link Removed - Invalid URL Windowsforums.org
But when I type in Windows forums.com nothing comes up,there is no site.

But I still think it would be easier for everybody if you just moved the Windows 8 Forum onto this site and all of the members posts from it. Then it would just be one site with a Windows 8 section.Just like you have for Windows XP and Windows Vista.

Then we don't have to register all over again and log into different sites.Andrea Borman.

I must inform you that there are a million Windows Forums. We continue to strive to be the best when it comes to the concerns of our members and community. We cannot reach everyone, but we are making strides to work internally and externally to make real-time communication a priority. Our team is volunteer based and not financially motivated. This leaves us unable to compete in certain areas, but not in the human interest of helping others. I believe that is a universal human interest.

Yes I have noticed that.There are at least 20 different sites I have seen on the web. And they all have a similar name to this site. There is a W 7 Seven Forums,Seven Forums and several other similar names. And they have even got the same website theme as this site has.

And you can't call this site Windows Forums because there is already a Windows Forums at Link Removed - Invalid URL. And that site also has the same website theme as this one has got.

So it seems that a lot of the Windows Forums like to copy one another with the same name,same website theme. And the other sites have also got another website with a Windows 8 Forum. Not very original is it? Andrea Borman.

Well, I'm a kind of a newbie here, I don't have IT education, I'm more of a make-it-yourself man, but oddly I have been able to help dozens of people with problems, both hardware and software, as well as games.

The cost of labor has been dealt by with almost all Economists, from Adam Smith to Karl Marx (more a Philosopher) and Milton Friedman. All have presented the view that labor has a certain cost in society. There is no free labor - how many of the readers of this will work for free? My guess is: none.

The IT society we are heading for, we haven't reached it yet, has twisted this conception. People expect FREEWARE EVERYWHERE. And what would bring the bread to a programmer's table?

Quite a few times I have pointed out that no one nowhere ever was forced to buy a Windows. Purchase is a matter of free will.

To get to this site, it's dependable of what we know as charity. I have some experience in that field, since I've been working with non-profit Organizations for some years. Doing this kind of work, as Windows 7 Forums is, you can't really charge your customers. If you're a shoemaker, you take your charge, no problems there, goes for key makers too, but what would be the charge of this site?

I wouldn't emphasize the persons who make donations, or the donations they make. Their contributions could perhaps be presented in a separate Topic - don't know. Presenting them as Kings or Queens would hardly be wise? Yet I do think, they deserve some respect --- the development has gone from the earlier Economy where Man's activity creates Economy to Economy creates man's activity.

But beneficiaries of Foundations have usually been quite in the background. I think "the true helpers" deserve a statue, those who give solutions to problems. Bucks are important, but not the essence of function. Those willing to help financially will hardly want extra credit, unless the site is turned into a Commercial Enterprise.

Hope I don't offend anyone.

Back