Windows 7 Help Me: Windows 7 doesn't recognize my hardware at all

Je taime

I have Windows XP and I did a clean install of Windows Beta 7 (it was a legit copy, not that that makes a difference). I have a Compaq nc6230. I was too lazy to make a partition, so no I can't dual boot into XP again

My issues are for example, I hear no sound because my computer no longer recognizes my soundcard (SoundMax - but I forget the model). I cannot connect to the internet because the computer no longer recognizes my adapter (Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet). The XP drivers are there, and I would upgrade them to Vista, but what help is that when there's no device to assign them to?

I could just use my system restore disk, but that's no fun. I'm determined to make this work. I love XP, but new shiny toys are fun!

EDIT: Je t'aime's Computer Specifications

If this helps any, it seems that my PCI Devices seem to be having the most trouble:

Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5750 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
HP PRO/Wireless 2200BG 3B Network Connection
ATI Mobility Radeon X300 (M22) Video Adapter (the display works, but accelerated graphics do not)
And my sound adapter (I have found out) is Intel 820 1FBM ICH6-M - AC'97 Audio Controller, not integrated into the motherboard - PCI

Is this a motherboard driver issue? Any suggestions? If you can't tell, I'm a semi-noob

Last edited:
Back