Windows 7 HELP!: My Laptop that is now 1 year old after reset will not install windows 7

GeekTech

Hi guys.
Well yesterday i needed to reset my Acer laptop and now when it says "Setup is loading services" i will get an error message saying

"Windows could not continue the installation. To Install windows on this computer. Restart the installation"

Windows 7 Was built into the laptop and i don't know what's wrong or how to fix it!

I do understand if you don't know how as well but i also have some other options but this is the first one! hope you guys can help

GeekTech

Last edited:
Hi guys.
Well yesterday i needed to reset my Acer laptop and now when it says "Setup is loading services" i will get an error message saying

"Windows could not continue the installation. To Install windows on this computer. Restart the installation"

Windows 7 Was built into the laptop and i don't know what's wrong or how to fix it!

I do understand if you don't know how as well but i also have some other options but this is the first one! hope you guys can help

GeekTech

What provoked the "needed to reset my Acer laptop"?
What exactly do you mean by "reset"
What method did you attempt to use to "reset"
Are we talking about a factory reset using some recovery media and method? (Vendor provided disks? Vendor provided recovery partition? Disks that you created when you first obtained the laptop? or a Windows 7 DVD, retail or OEM?)

What provoked the "needed to reset my Acer laptop"?
What exactly do you mean by "reset"
What method did you attempt to use to "reset"
Are we talking about a factory reset using some recovery media and method? (Vendor provided disks? Vendor provided recovery partition? Disks that you created when you first obtained the laptop? or a Windows 7 DVD, retail or OEM?)

I needed to restore my acer laptop to factory defaults after it would reject my internet and the internet worked on my other pc. just the standard. thats what i mean. windows 7 was already installed into the laptop

Every laptop manufacturer provides different methods for resetting the laptop to factory defaults, some have a recovery partition and you can use a key combination at boot time (Alt +F10, Alt + F11) to evoke the recovery process, while others provide recovery media in the form of CDs or DVD.
If for some reason, neither of these options are available to you or the process fails you will need to contact the laptop manufacturer and see if they will ship you new recovery media most will for a slight fee (to cover shipping and handling), or else you will need to obtain Windows 7 installation media that corresponds with the COA (Certificate of Authenticity) sticker on the bottom of your laptop in-order to perform an install. I believe these resources here Download Windows 7 Integrated With SP1 ISO – Official Direct Download Links are still available and may help, but my first call would be to the manufacturer as their resources will be specific to your particular computer.
Regards
Randy

Every laptop manufacturer provides different methods for resetting the laptop to factory defaults, some have a recovery partition and you can use a key combination at boot time (Alt +F10, Alt + F11) to evoke the recovery process, while others provide recovery media in the form of CDs or DVD.
If for some reason, neither of these options are available to you or the process fails you will need to contact the laptop manufacturer and see if they will ship you new recovery media most will for a slight fee (to cover shipping and handling), or else you will need to obtain Windows 7 installation media that corresponds with the COA (Certificate of Authenticity) sticker on the bottom of your laptop in-order to perform an install. I believe these resources here Download Windows 7 Integrated With SP1 ISO – Official Direct Download Links are still available and may help, but my first call would be to the manufacturer as their resources will be specific to your particular computer.
Regards
Randy

Alt +F10 i used and right now it is ok. i will let you know if there is a problem. THX! :D

I have reset it with a backup via acer backup restore. It works fine now. alt +F10 works. alt +F11 brings up a error message o.o'

Ok talk soon! :D

Back
Top Bottom