Windows 7 Help need for solving error on win 7 64 bit partition

jahir1312

I bought a Hp G62 I3, 320 HDD, 2Gig Memory , windows 7 home basic 64 bit,
i am unable to make partition please see the below screen shot and provide me a support. requesting for urgent help. thanks in advance.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

but this is the brand new laptop. i just try to make partition only,and i think this is only happening in win 7 home basic .anyway i will check the link u send. thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Another point to remember is that Windowes cannot create more than 4 primaries. From your pictures you seemd to have reached that.
best plan, when you are sorted out, is to use one of the free third party partition programs.

You need to carefully think through what you have there and how you are going to handle it.

1. There is a recovery partition there - if that is lost you will have no means of recovering your operating system unless you have burned the recovery disks for there should be a utility program which came with your laptop. If you have not yet done that you should do it NOW before you do anything else - partition management may lose you all your partitions including the recovery partition. Once you have burned your recovery dvd(s) then make a copy of it so you have two secure copies of your recovery disks.

2. Back up any important data files to external media (external hard drive or burn them to dvd).

3. Having done 1 and 2 you then need to decide how you are going to approach the problem of being stuck with a dynamic drive. The easy way is to remove all partitions and run your recovery dvd to set your system back to factory settings. Having burned your recovery disks this should be a very safe and straightforward way to go.

you are right bro, already i burn a set of recovery disk so its ready, and i am not touching the recovery partition.now the laptop is factory resetted then i use the above recommended 3rd party partition application, but the result is same, the partition is allocated but i could not make it as simple volume i mean i cant give it a drive name , its says the same error. i dont know what i am supposed to do.

The only way you can sort it with everything in situ is by some quite advanced editing. If you have all your data backed up and secure copies of your recovery dvd's I would got for zapping the entire drive, removing all partitions then boot from one of your recovery dvd's to recreate the system drive.

this is a brand new laptop it has been less than a week only, so this is the problem by the company. y they are making such bullshit without user friendly,if i did like u said i will loose my recovery partition, i am going to gift this laptop to my niece so i need the recovery. they just the beginners u got my point.so i am still confused

this is a brand new laptop it has been less than a week only, so this is the problem by the company. y they are making such bullshit without user friendly,if i did like u said i will loose my recovery partition, i am going to gift this laptop to my niece so i need the recovery. they just the beginners u got my point.so i am still confused

Was the computer working OK when you bought it - that is, before you tried to repartition it? If so, perhaps, to be fair, the "company" are not truly to blame?

Of course still the PC is 100% working, all i want is to make partition. but i stuck in making partition.

If you wish to reset the partitioning back to normal then zapping the drive and repartitioning is undoubtedly the easy way to do it. As you say, this will cause you loss of the recovery partition but having burned two sets of recovery dvd's that is not really a problem. The first things I do with any laptop of mine is burn recovery disks then remove the recovery partition and use it elsewhere - I regard the recovery partition as wasted space! It is all down to personal preference.

If you feel you don't want to go this way ten maybe you should take issue with the retailer and/or manufacturer. The dynamic drives are only an issue because your laptop has a Basic version of the operating system installed - the high end versions of Windows will support the management of dynamic volumes but it does seem a little stupid to have supplied a laptop partitioned into dynamic volumes together with an operating system which is not capable of managing them. I personally would go for zapping the drive but if you prefer not to do that then you should take issue with the retailer - change for a device which either has normally partitioned hard drive or has an operating system upgrade.

ya u r right, i am gonna let it be right now and go for zapping later cos i have the recovery disk with me. i hope the retailer will not take anymore responsibility so the service center will take time.if possible can u give me a little elaboration how to zap, cos i saw two more tiny partition there. just provide some idea and tools if needed. thanks lot bro.

Back
Top Bottom