Windows 7 HELP! On cold boot, computer turns off.

Sonny

Excellent Member
I have got a problem now with my computer starting and shutting down right away when I am doing a cold boot. If I then manually try again it works. I was told to change the HDD Delay settings but cannot find it in my bios.:apologetic:
I have an MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard. Does anyone have any idea on how I can find it or where it is located in Advanced Settings in my bios.

First things first, one should never cold (hard boot) boot unless it's a last resort. I would reset your BIOS to their default settings, then save and exit. A reboot will occur, or should happen. Then check is your issue persists. If it does, then I would suggest resetting your CMOS, just pull out the CMOS battery for a few minutes and then reinstall it, check for issue. You will have to change your date and time in the BIOS, this is normal when resetting the CMOS.

Thanks bassfisher, I will do that. I have set my bios back to default. If that doesn't do it. I will pull CMOS battery and see what happens.

Problem Solved! I contacted MSI and was directed to their forum where I was very fortunate to find someone who solved the problem. It was just a matter of a file needing to be flashed to the bios. I appreciate all the help you all have given me.

Problem Solved! I contacted MSI and was directed to their forum where I was very fortunate to find someone who solved the problem. It was just a matter of a file needing to be flashed to the bios. I appreciate all the help you all have given me.

Nicely done...that was my next step, BIOS update. But it can be a daunting task to take on and most people run from the thought of updating there BIOS. It's been widely published to have the mobo BIOS updated before attempting to install windows 8.

Thanks for reporting back that your issue has been solved and the course of action taken to solve it.

Back