Windows 7 Help Request; re: Activating Windows 7

anon

Hello All -

Trying to activate my legit copy of win7, having incredible amounts of frustration/difficulty

Upon entering my product key, i get the 0x80070005 "Access is denied" error
After some detective work, it appears that this problem is related to administrator/permission levels on the default user account

so:

i've tried to use the slmgr.vbs shell thingi to change permissions, but that did nothing as access remained denied

another hint advised that it was due to the Group Policy settings, which could be accessed via the secpol.msc settings, but when i run that it tells me "MMC could not create the snap in" and won't let me do anything -

i tried to call up microsoft tech support, waited for seriously around 3 hours on the phone, eventually got put thru to someone in an Indian call center who didn't understand me, & then hung up on me mid-conversation

any help would be immensely appreciated, thanks for your time in advance!

hrrm, some further information may be in order; on the off chance it yields further intel:

Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
x 64 bit

I doubt further system specs will help, and i'm fairly certain it doesn't pertain to existing/installed software applications on the comp either

Have you had it earlier installed? If yes, that could be the problem. If no, there could be an issue with the installation - all I can say right now is, you should install with yourself as administrator. Not that easy, though, it may be complicated. I've installed mine with no passwords, and only my own username. The more you put security, the more problems you may get.

Very sorry to hear about the long wait time for Microsoft. I've called them two or three times, only had to wait for a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom