Windows 10 *HELP* Unexpected BSOD while rendering video and doing the usual on chrome

I
Wow...

Thankfully it seems your chip has survived the blunder and I hope that particular place eventually meets their 'karma'

They should have at least offered you some sort of recompense for all the time and trouble.

Oh well, at least your good to go now, yes.. :)
Hey again, everything was going great but recently I played GTAV and suddenly I got a BSOD again (the same Whea_Uncorrectable_Error )
Is this overheating again? With a be quiet?

Attachments

• 030919-6140-01.dmp
    1.6 MB · Views: 343
Hi,
sorry didn't see your post until now.

The only way to tell if you actually overheated would be to monitor the cpu re' temps.

AV suites can also be a possible cause and I see your running Kaspersky AV. Try uninstalling and see if it helps.

Have you installed anything new lately?

Hi,
sorry didn't see your post until now.

The only way to tell if you actually overheated would be to monitor the cpu re' temps.

AV suites can also be a possible cause and I see your running Kaspersky AV. Try uninstalling and see if it helps.

Have you installed anything new lately?

I actually haven't installed anything new. I'll try uninstalling Kaspersky AV tho. Thanks!

Everything still ok?

I just wondered how you were getting on?

Well I stopped doing GtaV and everything was fine. I noticed that when I open like all my 7 gmail inboxes my cpu gets stressed (100% cpu usage) and when I play gta it also gets stressed (98-100% cpu usage)

Ever since I've set the cooler to start cooling at 100% when the temps are around 60 degrees my temps stayed around 50 degrees.
I haven't had the error since.
Thanks again!

Many thanks for the update DD.

Your post/thread will never close so please pop back if need be.. :)

All the best!

Hey again,
I was just browsing the web when I got another BSOD with the same stopcode (whea_uncorrectable_error)
This time my temps were fine and all I was doing was browsing the web...
I uploaded my dump file.. I hope one of you sees this and is able to help me.
Thanks..

Attachments

• dump 5-7-2019 12.03pm.dmp
    593.9 KB · Views: 287
Hi,
some software/drivers can also cause this error and i see at the end of the call stack intel ppm which refers to your Intel processor power management driver.
I'm pretty sure this is a windows driver so try running dism and see if that helps (dism is better version of system file checker)

File scans
Open an 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

See if you have any chipset updates too.

Thank you very much! I'll run the commands and see if there are any chipset updates available.
By the way I came across this program called "driver booster 6.0" people are pretty positive about it, but I'm skeptical since I always thought programs like this are a hit or miss. You have to hope it recognizes all of your drivers right and downloads it correctly. That's why I'm curious about your opinion on this. It would be pretty easy if it works well and I could update everything with one click.

Thanks!

I downloaded the program and it identified my chipset (the right one) and updated it. Pretty handy. But I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use it or not.
I'd love to hear your opinion before I decide to delete it or not.

Edit: Also the sfc just finished scanning my computer and fixed some things. Thank you very much for your help!

Quick update, I updated my chipset. Sfc scannow fixed files. Yet a couple minutes ago I just got another bsod

Attachments

• 051019-5843-01.dmp
    736.8 KB · Views: 279
Hi,
I wish i'd have seen your post above earlier as i would advised you not use apps such as driver boosters as they often get it wrong. You much better off sourcing the drivers yourself by visiting your motherboard support page. If the drivers held there are old you use google to find the latest versions.

As I posted earlier software can cause this type of crash as well as overheating.

You have one or two possible suspects:

YSDDR0.sys Wed Oct 11 06:50:25 2017: BigNox VM VirtualBox This known to cause bsod's on certain systems please remove to test.

klupd_klif_arkmon.sys: Kaspersky AV, AV suites, especially third party, can sometimes cause system errors and again it's worth removing to test.

If this comes to nothing then we can try the driver verifier.

Hi,
I wish i'd have seen your post above earlier as i would advised you not use apps such as driver boosters as they often get it wrong. You much better off sourcing the drivers yourself by visiting your motherboard support page. If the drivers held there are old you use google to find the latest versions.

As I posted earlier software can cause this type of crash as well as overheating.

You have one or two possible suspects:

YSDDR0.sys Wed Oct 11 06:50:25 2017: BigNox VM VirtualBox This known to cause bsod's on certain systems please remove to test.

klupd_klif_arkmon.sys: Kaspersky AV, AV suites, especially third party, can sometimes cause system errors and again it's worth removing to test.

If this comes to nothing then we can try the driver verifier.

I thought as much. I'll remove the program and manually update my drivers from now on then.
Also I removed Kaspersky AV and Nox App Player.
But now I only have malwarebytes av (my second opinion scanner) to protect my computer. Which av would you recommend?

Hey again,
I saw many forum posts about people with intel processors getting a "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" bsod when running android emulators.
Do you think I should disable vt-d and see if it helps me?
Thanks for everything! Is there anything I can do in return for all of the help you have given me over the past 3 months.

Thanks for everything! Is there anything I can do in return for all of the help you have given me over the past 3 months.
We are just happy in the knowledge that we've helped someone I know that goes for all of the team members here..

As for the emulator, I'd see how you go first as you have already removed some software. Ideally and perhaps i should have suggested this, it's better to remove one at a time so if one app does turn out to be the culprit you know which one. It isn't a biggie however and as i said see how you go.

My current AV is Malwarebytes Pro + Defender. I find this is adequate for me. You could always reinstall kaspersky and simply monitor the situation. If the bsod returns try removing once again but i think that Nox app was probably key?

We are just happy in the knowledge that we've helped someone I know that goes for all of the team members here..

As for the emulator, I'd see how you go first as you have already removed some software. Ideally and perhaps i should have suggested this, it's better to remove one at a time so if one app does turn out to be the culprit you know which one. It isn't a biggie however and as i said see how you go.

My current AV is Malwarebytes Pro + Defender. I find this is adequate for me. You could always reinstall kaspersky and simply monitor the situation. If the bsod returns try removing once again but i think that Nox app was probably key?

I see. Thank you. So if I use malwarebytes anti malware, windows defender and hitman pro do you think I should be fine?

Back