Windows 8 Help unmounting an ISO

80P

I keep receiving error message:

"An error occurred while ejecting 'CD Drive (J:) Sims3SP06'."

I can't attempt to eject unless I expand the drive in File Explorer, otherwise it shows as faded grey and unavailable as an option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried rebooting your PC? You should just be able to right click it and select eject.....works for me.

It was working just fine up until mounting this particular ISO. I can still access the files within the ISO. It doesn't show on device manager, it does show in file explorer, and doesn't give me the option to eject unless i expand the window and then shows that error code. I'm stumped. =/

Can you post a screen shot of your file explorer with the computer tab clicked? If you open disk management, can you eject/delete from there.

2mnomzd.jpg

2h85lqe.jpg

t89sue.jpg

149nic7.jpg

10sddo6.jpg

2jbmz2v.jpg

Ok, if need be I can upload original instead of resized, but in disk management and device management the drive doesn't even show up.

Last edited:
Yeah...please do cuz I can't tell with these uploads. Check your task manager for running processes for anything that looks remotely close to that phantom drive and stop/close it...then see if you can eject it.

Reactions: 80P
What's that cyberlink virtual drive?

Truth be told, I thought it might be the software to edit/manage the virtual drive but when I'm in the prog it shows no such available options. It does give an option to "Mount a Virtual Drive" in the utilities tab when I run Cyberlink Media Suite Essentials but all it does is crash (seemingly) as it just minimizes momentarily and there's no additional drive next to the virtual J: drive.

Also, idk what I did but I restarted my computer again and now the only drive I can see is the C: Drive

I did close the cyberlink drive in Task Manager prior to restarting and it still wouldn't allow me to eject.

Under Task Manager now, CyberLink Virtual Drive (32bit) is running but there's no J: drive detected. Strangely enough, my CDRW drive is no longer showing either.

Update: restarted my comp again and the other drives show but the problem still exists. Not able to eject.

Update: the CyberLink Media Suite software let me disable the drive, attempting to mount a different ISO onto the J: drive as disabling and enabling it before didn't change the outcome. Hopefully mounting a different ISO will fix the problem.

It's showing the loading cursor icon and has been for a minute or so though, so I'm not too optimistic.

Update: It showed not responding under task manager and so I ended it. New ISO is mounted and the problem has been bypassed. I'm not sure what the root issue here was but it's no longer an issue. I kind of what to replicate the situation to try to troubleshoot it properly but I'm relieved I'm no longer running into it at the same time.

Last edited:
Are you sure you have deleted the related software for mounting virtual drives. I would start with that first. Then check and double check for a virus's and malware that may be lurking on your system. Run your software in safemode.

I think it's software related or a bug.

Do not delete cyberlink virtual drive, it will break powerdvd or power director. Also you're going to run into these problems if you're going to mount pirated game dvds. Like the sims 3 one you have mounted.

If you don't have it fixed yet I suggest go to Cyberlink webpage and get the update "PowertoGo latest patch". Some say that fixed the issue. Good luck :)

Back