Windows 7 HELP!? Windows Downgrade. Bugs ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Kirk

I have upgraded windows with a (False) Upgrade key to Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate. I was currently on Microsoft Windows 7 Premium, But now it says I have to activate again. (Microsoft has blocked the Product Key) So.. I would like to downgrade back to my old one so it's legal.
*So my question is. How do I downgrade?

(I recently tried clicking Activate Windows Now. And I then typed my Product Key, but then it said "Try Windows 7 Setup or Type a Windows Ultimate Product Key")
Any help on this maybe?

Anyone know about this?

Thanks in Advance Tom.

format, re-install... and dont play with fire!!!! you need to get a 'throwaway' PC if you really wanna... :)

Hey Joe,

I'm not a hacker. I have a Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium Code. But I just used the Ultimate (Cracked) to try :/ Wish I didn't now... :/
You can tell yourself anything you like to justify what you've done but I wonder if your Cracked ultimate version and bootlegged product key was actually still working would you be looking for help to revert back to your legal Premium OS?
To actually address your issue you will need media ( a copy of windows 7 Premium, likely OEM to correspond with your COA on your computer) this may be contained in an image format installed in a recovery partition on your hard drive by your PC manufacturer, recovery disks that they may have provided, or recovery disks that they probably recommended you create when you first acquired your computer or you may be able to obtain them from the computer vendor for a slight fee.

I am sure tom kirk knows all that!!! images are no solution if you cannot read them!! and venting anger to users is no way to keep this forum popular...

No Software Piracy: You agree by posting on this site you will not post links or discuss in any way, ways to pirate or illegally download any proprietary or commercial software. (Example: Windows 7). This site is based on discussion and support for this kind of software, not stealing it. There are no exceptions to this policy.

SOURCE: Link Removed due to 404 Error

if you are nervous by my choice of words, please note I am talking about recovering your system, as outlined by acer support..
{sanitized, please copy the following to browser..}
acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3068/session/L3NpZC8yWUEtQWJDaw%3D%3D

you have to make sure that you have used the acer boot utility to make a set of recovery discs first!!

this is a very good reason to use acer.. they will even post you a set of discs, if you have managed to totally destroy your hard disc...

BUT! if you are not that lucky, do not have discs, and your laptop maker no longer exists or supports you... there was a special partition with a system restore, but it is not possible to access it / corrupted / disc destroyed....

NOW, what would you do about it????

NOW, what would you do about it????
Personally I'd be sourcing a legitimate, genuine, Windows 7 SP1 x64 ISO file to burn to DVD. During install I'd then use my genuine Windows 7 x64 key to install my correct version of Windows 7 x64. Not use a pirated key on a version I've "stolen".

Clearly he did something illegal. Site rules prevent us from helping. I agree with Trouble, and Elmer, and suggest he find the ISO he has a legit key for, format, and re-install. There is no way he (or we) would know how successful "downgrading" would be, and we would be helping him "get legal".

Personally I'd be sourcing a legitimate, genuine, Windows 7 SP1 x64 ISO file to burn to DVD. During install I'd then use my genuine Windows 7 x64 key to install my correct version of Windows 7 x64..
thing is, a lot dont know you can do that....

I am a bit irritated by people's attitude... let me explain...

just suppose you knew someone, who was casually talking about 'getting drugs'...
would you immediately get the police on him??

or would you *think* and say "listen, I knew how to do it *legally* "..

thing is, a lot dont know you can do that....

I am a bit irritated by people's attitude... let me explain...

just suppose you knew someone, who was casually talking about 'getting drugs'...
would you immediately get the police on him??

or would you *think* and say "listen, I knew how to do it *legally* "..

I have to ask but is this supposed to be some sort of metaphor. Post has completely confused me. Comnut can you enlighten me please. :)

Pursuant to our policies regarding software piracy discussion and copyright infringement in our Terms of Service agreement, this discussion cannot continue and has been closed. Further discussion of this topic will result in punitive action, as such discussion may result in intervention by copyright claimants in DMCA or other actions. Simply put: These topics are not to be discussed when it comes to running, operating, installing, downgrading, modifying, or using illegal copies of Windows irregardless of the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back