Windows 7 help with back up prior to re-install

Ramos-oo1

Hi all,

Just a quick question, I am planning a re-install off win7 on a crucial 128gb ssd (finnally managed to bag one)

dous any one know how to back up windows settings and particularly windows live mail?(i have some mail i dont want to loose!

Can I use the files and settings transfer wizard?

thanx

Last edited:
Windows file transfer should take care of quite a bit of your data, but you can read about that. The one warning is it does not work if your are going from a 64 bit to a 32 bit system.

If you have some times checke out these problems with ssd drives and Win 7 I'm aftaid to try one

I am using a crucial m225 128gb ssd wich features the indylinux controller chip, these drive's apparently don't stutter, and also feature upgradable firmwair (wich should hopefully protect early ssd adopter's by allowing unforseen problems to be fixed by the manufacturer).

I have had the drive (m225) running my windows 7 installation for a few day's now and I have to say I'm "well impressed"

I boot into windows in a few seconds, crysis load's in a bit over 20 secs, and my hole Os seems snappyer, (also anti virus scan times are MUCH MUCH faster (when scanning C drive, other hd drive's scan slower but still seems faster than before ssd was installed)

All in all my ssd experience "so far" has been %100, and would deffinately recommend uppgrading to ssd for system drive.(as long as it features the new indylinux controller and upgradeable firmwair).

Back
Top Bottom