Windows 7 Help with BSOD and random Freezes

Scruz

Hello everybody,
During the past few weeks my computer has been freezing multiple times a day usually when browsing the web and sometimes not always is followed by BSOD. I'm not really sure what's causing it I've ran the Memtest86+,virus scan, windows update, and have check for the most recent drivers, but nothing helped. Any suggestions on whats causing this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Seven Forums.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 339
Hi Scruz and Welcome to The Forum.

I've got to go out shortly, but just to start you off:

As a Priority:

AVG is known to be a cause of BSOD's on Windows 7 systems. Suggest that you uninstall it. Download the correct AVG Remover for your system (32 or 64 bit).
If you have AVG ID protection installed, download the AVGID Protection Remover from the above link as well (it wouldn't hurt to download and run it anyway). Download BSOD friendly Link Removed due to 404 Error as AVG's replacement.
Uninstall AVG through the Control Panel. Re-boot to Safe Mode and run the AVG Removal tool(s). Re-boot to normal mode and install MSE. Make sure your Windows firewall is enabled! After your blue screens have been resolved, feel free to re-try AVG.

Make sure your system is fully updated including SP1.
Download and install the correct system readiness tool prior to installing SP1.
System Update Readiness Tool for 32bit (x86)
System Update Readiness Tool for 64bit (x64)

Thanks Elmer for the advice however the freezing isn't random anymore now it happens when idle. The only good news so far is that no BSOD has occurred today.

1. Make sure in Power Options >> Change plan settings >> Change advanced power settings, that your hard disk is set to Turn of hard disk after setting: Never
  2. Overclocking: Disable overclocking and see whether the issue happens when the system is run at the correct speed.
  3. Check the memory: Verify the memory by using a memory checker. Verify that each memory chip is the same speed and that it is configured correctly in the system.
  4. Power Supply: Make sure that the power supply has enough wattage to appropriately handle the installed devices. If you added memory, installed a newer processor, installed additional drives, or added external devices, such devices may require more energy than the current power supply can provide consistently.
  5. Overheating: Check whether the system is overheating by examining the internal temperature of the hardware.
  6. In an elevated Command Prompt, enter: sfc /scannow to verify the system files integrity.
    To see the sfc /scannow Results, in an elevated Cmd Pmpt enter: findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >C:\sfcdetails.txt

Back