Windows 7 help with BSOD every time i power pc down

f0xy0k

hi guys,
i have a DSOD issue (infact i've had it since pc was shiped from dell in oct 09 but they just blame W7, i have reinstalled W7 over 10 times in this time, i'm sure the pc has had issues befor it was even unpacked, i got BSOD very first time i powered her down, and just about every time since PLEASE HELP) i keep getting processor_had_locked_pages when i power down pc or when ever it crashes playing bfbc2.

in fact i have hust BSOD befor coming here not 10 mins ago.

i have some mini dumps on desktop ( as advised here "last post")
infact from 14/04 to 20/05/2010 my system has BSOD 21 times, i have 21 files .....

not sure if to post mini dump in forum post so shall wait for advice & help =_=..

basic system spec.

MOBO - Dell XPS-625 AMD Dragon based MOBO
cpu - AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz
memeory- 4GB Elpida DDR2 SDRAM (1GB sticks)
HDD- 1.5 AMD RAID0 set up.
Graphic - ATI HD5870 1GB
NIC- killernic M1
sound - Creative X-fi PCI-e Titanium
KEy Board - Zboard
mouse - Logitech G-9

You might zip up the last few mini-dump files you have an attach that zip file using the paperclip.

Is there anything in Event Viewer as far as errors that might indicate where the problem lies?

I would think a BSOD on shutdown was due to a driver or some software that won't shut itself down nicely.

You might use TaskManger and close specific processes prior to shutdown and see if you can find one that allows for a normal shutdown.

When you say shutdown, you do not mean sleep, right?

Hello f0xy0k,

Would it be too much to start from scratch? Other option remove all Unnecessary hardware to see if you can "isolate" the problem.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
John M
Microsoft Windows Client Team

You might zip up the last few mini-dump files you have an attach that zip file using the paperclip.

Is there anything in Event Viewer as far as errors that might indicate where the problem lies?

Application administrative = 27,727 -
Security = administrative = 15,548 - mainly Audit success log on and special log on events
Setup operational - 133
System Administrative 59,195

I would think a BSOD on shutdown was due to a driver or some software that won't shut itself down nicely.
yes i agree - but my issue starts has soon as i reinstall windows7 and drivers manually (disconected from net for initial install, as instructed by DELL Link Removed - Invalid URL) it powers down perfect every time, then as soon as i connect to net and windows updates, then rebbot BSOD starts.
You might use TaskManger and close specific processes prior to shutdown and see if you can find one that allows for a normal shutdown.
will try!...
When you say shutdown, you do not mean sleep, right?
no a complete shut down, if i hibernaite or send to sleep then theres usually no problem. it's when complete shut down is performed.

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    106.2 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Hello f0xy0k,

Would it be too much to start from scratch? Other option remove all Unnecessary hardware to see if you can "isolate" the problem.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
John M
Microsoft Windows Client Team
nope it wouldn't if i thought it was going to work it makes no diffrence the last time I installed W7 I installed it 4 times in one weekend and it still made no diffrence.
i followed these step ,

if u can suggest a diffrent procedure i'm all ears =_=..

1st errors listed in event viewer

Attachments

• windows 1st error set up log.png
    windows 1st error set up log.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 497
  • windows 1st error system log.png
    windows 1st error system log.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 508
  • windows 1st error application log.png
    windows 1st error application log.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 561
Once again, I am not the dump file reader here, but I will post what I seem to have and see what you think.

BugCheck 76, {0, 87c2f5d0, 4, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!PoIdle+538 )
Also this pops up after it is analyzed.
Otherwise, set HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\TrackLockedPages to a DWORD 1 value and reboot. Then the system will save stack traces so the guilty driver can be easily identified.

When you enable this flag, if the driver commits the error again you will
see a different bugcheck - DRIVER_LEFT_LOCKED_PAGES_IN_PROCESS (0xCB) -
which can identify the offending driver(s).
I have no experience, so I cannot give any guidance about the suggested procedure--up to you...I also cannot find the ntkrpamp.exe file on my Win 7 system.

Check this Microsoft site for some more explanation.

Back