Windows 7 help with win 7 and truecrypt

stevae

i need help from who ever is the most experienced guy on here with a program called truecrypt. i am using win 7 7229 x64, and have painted myself into a corner with truecrypt.
i don't want to put the details out in the open, so PLEASE, anyone who has good experience with using tryecrypt with win 7, please pm me. thanks.

Solution
Unfortunately Windows Search is quite limited.

Try Link Removed and use the File Finder.

It's an excellent Explorer alternative as well.

On the Details tab, you have these choices of Dates:

On
Before
Between
After
Not Between
well, since i received very little response, i decided to list the actual problem. maybe someone will see it and know what to do.

ok, so my plan was to put a 100 gig encrypted file on my 1 tb external hard drive, with a 90 gig hidden container inside of it. but as i was creating it, the program defaulted a file name that was extremely evident that it was an encrypted file, so i just ran my fingers over the keyboard to make a file name that looked like a system file (most sys file name's look like jiberish to people who are not programers), thinking that as long as i kept up with my password, it would work fine. however, after finalizing everything, it turns out that the file name is also hidden, and i have no idea what that file name is. so i can't choose the file to be mounted. and when i try to do an automount, it doesn't find the container. so i need some way of finding out what the file name is, so i can mount it and change it to something i can remember. i didn't read anywhere that truecrypt hides the file as well, or of course i would not have put a name that i am not familiar with. so is there a way through win 7, or through truecrypt to find out what i actually named that file?

Last edited:
I believe that Truecrypt may not work under Windows 7,

You should do some research on a particular 3rd party program before using it . I would perform an Internet search to see if others using Truecrypt on Windows 7 are having any issues.

Also Windows 7 has the built-in Bitlocker protection.

i did this research before loading it. everything i read said that truecrypt works well with windows 7, and hasn't shown any problems. i haven't had any problems, other than not knowing that the file is hidden as well as the info in it. i just need to find that file name.
doesn't win 7 have a way of recalling any file that you have worked with in the last 10 to 15 files?

Last edited:
Unfortunately Windows Search is quite limited.

Try Link Removed and use the File Finder.

It's an excellent Explorer alternative as well.

On the Details tab, you have these choices of Dates:

On
Before
Between
After
Not Between

Solution
I've used TrueCrypt in the past. Worked well.

I changed to PGP Desktop. Excellent program and works well in Windows 7.

Good Luck

Back