Windows 7 Help with Win 7 Crashes

idahotraveler15

So I installed Windows 7 and it seems whenever I run more than one program it crashes. If I can figure it out, I will attach the compressed minidump. If someone could read it for me and tell me where I should look for fixes I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• 061310-19796-01.zip
    35 KB · Views: 190
How about supplying your system specs. Is it 64 or 32 bit? If it's an old PC that is just marginal as far as ram, mother board etc that might be the problem. Was this a clean install or an upgrade?
Joe

Specs

It is a Gigabyte Motherboard
AMD Phenom II Processer (960 I think)
6 GB RAM
XFX Graphics Card
Two internal and one external hard drive
The OS is on one partition and then I installed the program files on a second one.
New install. (I even re-installed it)
Windows 7 Professional x64(OEM)

Is that enough? Or do you need me to be more precise

So I installed Windows 7 and it seems whenever I run more than one program it crashes. If I can figure it out, I will attach the compressed minidump. If someone could read it for me and tell me where I should look for fixes I would appreciate it.

What BSOD do you see? Do you have an error code?

Too Fast

Sorry Jessica but the BSOD goes by so fast I have no idea (and honestly, I am not familiar with the various types. It use to be the one with the Phyiscal Memory Dump. But now its just a blur. I did attach the minidump, and can attach the latest one. If that will help you.

Attachments

• LatestMinidump.zip
    37.8 KB · Views: 183
Hi.

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {fffffa8027ca4010, 2, 1, fffff80002f369f7}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiReleaseConfirmedPageFileSpace+87 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

You're getting memory corruption. The first thing to do to fix this is to uninstall your Symantec product with the special tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Then install MSE as a solid stable replacement.

Let us know how it goes after. I'll help ya out further if needed.

That might work...

TorrertG,

Thanks for the advice. I uninstalled Norton 2010 last night and it ran fine.
Then, being cocky, I reinstalled it, thinking maybe it just needed a clean install and starting scanning. The scanning was working fine until I started using IE8 (about an hour later) and then IE8 started closing tabs and reloading and then crash...
Is there something in my settings that could be causing this? I would think that other people would be having these problems and they would fix it... hmmm...

I also fixed a problem with Itunes crashing, when I noticed I accidentally plugged my external hard drive USB into the Firewire port. D'oh! I will try uninstalling Norton again tonight and play around with it some more to check that.
Thanks!

Honestly, best thing in the world you can do for the pc is keep Norton off of it. Obviously it causes your machine bsod and at the very least, it slows the pc down. MSE won't do that nearly as badly.

Still Crashes

So I uninstalled NIS 2010... Installed MSE, started a scan and went about stressing out the system, was using IE8, started Photoshop CS5, and then Photoshop stopped working and crash... I will upload the minidump later tonight (had to get back to work). I installed a CPU temp monitor and it only got up to 51C, so that should not be an issue. I am tempted to format the whole drive and start again and see if that fixes it... Could it be that the HDD is bad?

No, if the hard drive had errors causing bsod, then you'd be getting 0x24 stops.

I wouldn't format yet. Usually, this just ends up repeating the same circumstances. We can help you move forward and past them.

A new dump will be very helpful. I guarantee you I and possibly others will have further suggestions.

Going over the dumps again, I believe you're experiencing errors due to a faulty downloaded copy of Windows from torrents. Those torrents, many of them but not all, are littered with malware.

This file is pre-RTM and should not have this date, which shows cracking involved:

Code:
spsys    spsys.sys    Mon May 11 13:20:58 2009
You were also previously getting errors from Norton but this is now the reason you still are getting errors.

Advice: Obtain a legitimate copy of Windows 7 and clean install.

(I'll still help a little anyhow. Open an elevated command prompt and run this command:

Code:
sfc /scannow

then download Malwarebytes, install and then update definitions, then scan the machine. Other than that, you know what to do.)

Win7 Legit

This is a legitimate copy of Windows... Or at least I thought it was. I bought it from Tiger Direct. It is an OEM disk. I thought it was all kosher, since I was built a new system.

Here is the lastest dump...

Attachments

• 6-15-dump.zip
    39.7 KB · Views: 168
scannow did not work...

I tried to do the scannow and I got a message that said...
Windows Resource Protection could not preform the requested opertation.

Then if that is true, some kind of malware is present because that spsys.sys date should be exactly the same as all the other RTM Windows files, which it is not. Something altered the version and that should not have happened. If the command I gave completes successfully, even in safe mode, it will replace the correct file there.

Malwarebytes should be helpful here too.

Now, you really are getting 0x24 errors. So to fix this, from an elevated command prompt, run this command for each partition on the system that is a hard drive. Change C: to match the letters each time. For Windows drive, follow the on screen instructions.

Code:
chkdsk /r C:
Do this first, then try the previous sfc scannow in safe mode. Let us know and good luck.

Argh!

This keeps getting more and more frustrating...

So my latest attempt last night, I did the chkdsk scan, then loaded it up, it crashed, then rebooted in safemode, tried to run the sfc code, it would not complete... So, said screw it, and booted from the CD and formatted the drive and tried to reinstall Win7 from the disk. THEN, while installing, BAM, BSOD 0x24 error.... Tried to install it again, same error while it was trying to install...

Any advice?

Well, I think we are getting somewhere... I was able to compete the scannow, and it said it found corrupt files that it could not fix. I looked at the CBS.log but it was huge! Not sure what to be looking for. I also took out my video card and that seemed to allow the scannow. I did have a 0x24 crash after taking out the video card. I am trying a new SATA cord. I just realized the one I was using was one I bought at Best Buy that had been returned... Gee, maybe that is why it was returned??? I am having problems with one Windows Update though... Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB974431).. Won't install...
I have yet to add any programs other than MSE to this point...

Back