Windows 7 Here we go again: 7057 x64 is out there

blackroseMD1

Extraordinary Member
No screenshots yet, but there are plenty of people with a complete copy. I should have it in about an hour and will post screenshots, if I have time before I leave for the airport.

Am installing it now -

Wil. Post some results later.

I've already got the x-86 version on a laptop.

BTW it doesn't look like you can upgrade to this build directly from build 7048 -- looks like it checks for VISTA x-64 SP1 before allowing Upgrade.. Not too sure yet --as I've only just finished downloading it and burning the iso.

need to save some partition images first

cheers
jimbo

Am installing it now -

Wil. Post some results later.

I've already got the x-86 version on a laptop.

BTW it doesn't look like you can upgrade to this build directly from build 7048 -- looks like it checks for VISTA x-64 SP1 before allowing Upgrade.. Not too sure yet --as I've only just finished downloading it and burning the iso.

need to save some partition images first

cheers
jimbo

No upgrade huh? Well that would suck. Eh, not really, since I just clean installed 7048 2 days ago, and I have everything backed up, so no big deal.

Edit: Well, I just started to run the install, and the upgrade option seems to work for me.

Look what I just found :)

I wonder if that'll find its way down the pipeline?

Kyle,
If it does, I'm really going to have to stop installing every build that comes out. Not sure how much more my poor comp can take. :razz:

Indeed. I've decided to stick with my current builds until the full RC drops.

Please -- 7057 is fine -- I can't stand the suspense of YET another one.

I'll really wait to RC1 this time.

Thanks

cheers
jimbo

Actually, it's there. It's just not available to the public. Hence the url.
ok so what is the deal here, they are labeling every build after 7048 as a RC then. my bad by the way, did not see the url... but it does make one wonder what build the RC1 will be

I imagine it'll be 707X, it seems like they still have a little ironing-out to do before release.

Build 7057 was labeled "RC1" somewhere during the install, but doesn't indicate such on the desktop after installation. "Evaluation Copy. Build 7057.winmain.090305.2000" is all the identification that appears on the desktop.

Haha, I bet you wouldn't, but due to my already dangerous connections, I do not upload files that could get me pwned by the po-po. Haha. If it trickles down, I will, of course, let people know.

I don't see why everyone is in such a rush to get these builds.. I mean yes I admit I want to get them and try them too but I have been waiting for the RC since Build 7000 and I'll continue to wait.. what's another 2 - 3 weeks.. ;) It's really not that hard... I'd rather use the one that was released to the general public by Microsoft themselves rather than leaked builds..(And yes I'm fully aware that these leaked builds are the same thing and work the same as an official release 99% of the time) ;) but that's just me I guess.. Not to mention by waiting all this time and not using all these leaked builds it'll make the RC seem that much better and different, instead of just another build.... Counting the days now..

I really didn't think we were supposed to be posting pictures of torrent sites/links (which is the same as telling someone where to get the leaked build, as it clearly shows the site's name and url).. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes here.. I must have misread the rules.. :)

curiosity probaly. but i can say for a fact that 7048 x64 is way less buggy than 7000 x64. It was worth the switch. But i see your point about just waiting for the actual release of the RC1 from microsoft. So i will wait to upgrade as well. Build 7077 needs to hurry up :razz:.

I don't see why everyone is in such a rush to get these builds.. I mean yes I admit I want to get them and try them too but I have been waiting for the RC since Build 7000 and I'll continue to wait.. what's another 2 - 3 weeks.. ;) It's really not that hard... I'd rather use the one that was released to the general public by Microsoft themselves rather than leaked builds..(And yes I'm fully aware that these leaked builds are the same thing and work the same as an official release 99% of the time) ;) but that's just me I guess.. Not to mention by waiting all this time and not using all these leaked builds it'll make the RC seem that much better and different, instead of just another build.... Counting the days now..

I really didn't think we were supposed to be posting pictures of torrent sites/links (which is the same as telling someone where to get the leaked build, as it clearly shows the site's name and url).. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes here.. I must have misread the rules.. :)

Technically, there's no link, nor is there any way for any user on this forum to break the law from what I've posted, hence, I deem it allowable. If, however, there was a link users could use to download a file, yes, I would be in violation. ;)

Thanks for playing.

Hi all Upgrade DOES work.

My DATA was OK -- the ISO I burned was defective -- burned another one (from the same data) and it's fine
The only issue was the well known DESKTOP.INI (same prob as the x-86 build and same fix).

Guess with all these leaked build my few pieces of +RW media are getting "worn out" :mad:

No issues otherwise with build 7057 -- upgrades fine from 7048 (if you want to upgrade).

Note when booting --be patient --it can take as long as 5 mins before you see the prompt screen for Language etc. on first install.

Cheers
jimbo

Back
Top Bottom