Windows 7 Hibernation and Sleep modes don't work

Nisko

I have, in my Control Panel, timers set for both Sleep mode and Hibernation modes (Advanced settings). However, neither one of them ever functions. What could be wrong? Thank you....

Maybe a little info about your system would help. Is it a Laptop or Desktop, and model? What power scheme are you running? Is any media streaming involved?

Open up an administrative command prompt and type the following command. Shut down all programs you can and let the utility work. After it is finished, copy the .html report the desktop and open it there.

powercfg -energy

USB warnings show up quite often, so don't be that concerned about them, but look for something else that might explain the problem.

[To open an Admin Command prompt, use the Winkey and type cmd then CTRL+Shift+Enter]

I have the report and will look at it. However, I have no idea what I'm looking for. If I fail to find the problem, is there a way for you to look at it?

Last edited:
You could zip it and attach using the paperclip, or take snipping tool pictures and attach those. You may want to check it for any sensitive information first.

But there may be a red warning about some device, or comments later about some utiltity.

But, whatever you want to do is fine.

You could zip it and attach using the paperclip, or take snipping tool pictures and attach those. You may want to check it for any sensitive information first.

I've never zipped a file (believe it or not). How do I do it? Thanks.......

But there may be a red warning about some device, or comments later about some utiltity.

I'll check it for that before I zip it. Guess I need at least 100 characters so I'm adding this sentence - DUH!!!

But, whatever you want to do is fine.

Guess I need at least 10 characters so I'm adding this sentence - What am I doing wrong?

I think the zipped file is attached - but I couldn't find the paper clip.

Attachments

• energy-report.zip
    5 KB · Views: 165
Back
Top Bottom