Windows 10 Hibernation occuring too fast on Win 10 laptop

Moondoggy

Extraordinary Member
Is anyone seeing any issues regarding hibernation on their laptops? Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've noticed that my laptop seems to be going into hibernation much more quickly than it did in Windows 7. I checked my settings and my screen saver settings and so on are setup to those recommended by HP but these do not seem to be having an impact on hibernation. What's particularly frustrating is that even when it's plugged in, if you have a long download/install/update you must keep the machine active by moving the mouse or be active on the keyboard or it will go into hibernation mode very quickly (under 5 minutes). Has anyone seen this and know what it takes to fix it?

I wanted to post and update on this problem as I have somewhat if a solution......

When I go into the power options for my HP Laptop there were 3 configurations listed - HP's Recommended, High Performance, and Power Saver. Based on what I was seeing in the HP recommended configuration I created my own that kept the PC more active and to see if I could delay hibernation more than the 3 minutes I was seeing. Well, my configuration turned out to be no better than HP's but I decided by chance to try the High Performance configuration and it works better. Note that I have not tested this while on total battery but when it's plugged into a power source it doesn't even go into hibernation mode. The screen does go blank when there's no activity but it's not hibernating anymore. I'll take a look at all of the settings and compare them to HP's recommended settings and if I find anything that jumps out at me I'll post an update.

Back
Top Bottom