Windows 7 home network fail to one computer

apo

hello everyone, I have 3 computers, two of them got successfully connected in a network. except for my laptop. i found that if a change the laptops default gateway to the default gateway of the other two computers, the laptop will be connected but it won't have internet because the DHCP is disable. if i make Windows 7 fix it, it will change the default gateway to a different IP, and back square one with no network connection to the other two computers
cry.gif
any help help please!!!
its a LAN network, all three connected to a switch and the switch is connected to Huawai ADSL modem.
(the problem)laptop IPv4 190.75.46.143
mask 255.255.224
default gateway is 190.75.32.1
DHCP IPV4 SERVER 200.109.126.43
DNS 200.44.32.12

THE OTHER 2 COMPUTERS
IPV4 190.38.***.***
WITH DEFAULT GATEWAY

DNS 200.44.32.12
i changed manually the laptop's ip configuration and default gateway. changing it got the laptop into network but no internet.

hello everyone, I have 3 computers, two of them got successfully connected in a network. except for my laptop. i found that if a change the laptops default gateway to the default gateway of the other two computers, the laptop will be connected but it won't have internet because the DHCP is disable. if i make Windows 7 fix it, it will change the default gateway to a different IP, and back square one with no network connection to the other two computers
cry.gif
any help help please!!!
its a LAN network, all three connected to a switch and the switch is connected to Huawai ADSL modem.
(the problem)laptop IPv4 190.75.46.143
mask 255.255.224
default gateway is 190.75.32.1
DHCP IPV4 SERVER 200.109.126.43
DNS 200.44.32.12

THE OTHER 2 COMPUTERS
IPV4 190.38.***.***
WITH DEFAULT GATEWAY

DNS 200.44.32.12
i changed manually the laptop's ip configuration and default gateway. changing it got the laptop into network but no internet.

I have answered this post on two other sites. first everything should be getting DNS from outside (same place). Then inside set the router up (we do have a router or switch right?) to point outside for dns, and dhcp.

The router/switch will supply IP. You shouldnt have to change it manually

Let us know if that doesnt work

Ken J

Im Sorry for this question, i don't understand how do you set router/switch up?'(to point the DNS DHCP what do you mean?

Im Sorry for this question, i don't understand how do you set router/switch up?'(to point the DNS DHCP what do you mean?

My apologies. I should have been more thorough. If you tell my what router you have I can find the specific directions. It is merely telling your router/switch where it should look (your ISP will tell you) for DNS (domain name resolution) and DHCP.

DNS is much more important. when you type something like google.com, it is DNS that tells you where it is.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with

Ken J

thanks Ken J this is the router Huawei Smartax Mt882 im so glad you are helping me out

First let me suggest that you arm yourself with the documentation for your "Huawei Smartax Mt882" if you don't have one or are unable to find it, I have attached a copy of one to this post. Simply unzip the attachment and open the included PDF.
The device is a relatively robust DSL modem, capable of NAT as well as DHCP, so pay particular attention to the pages regarding the configuration of the LAN side of the device as well as DHCP configuration.
The IP addressing scheme that you have referenced in earlier posts seem to be publicly addressable IPs, one of which does not seem to even be on the same subnet as the other two. I really can't say for sure because the only reference you make to a subnet mask for either of the three devices is missing one octet, so I can't distinguish the network address from the potential host addresses available. And it's a bit unclear as to where the IP addressing scheme that you are using is coming from.
I would also suggest that you coordinate your future efforts with your ISP as they will be better able to assist you in any of the subtleties that apply to their particular network infrastructure, especially if you decide to reset the device and start over for any reason. The WAN side configuration may be confusing and you need to know specifics as to how to configure the details regarding the "Wan Type" as well as the "Connection Type" because the device will behave differently if you erroneously select "Pure Bridge" as opposed to "DHCP" as required by some PPPoE providers like ATT or "Static IP" for providers like Verizon.
Please keep us posted as to how you are progressing and if there are any specifics that we can help with please let us know.

I'm trying to log into my mt882's configuration settings thorough the browser, i can't log in!!!!! i tried the default IP. I tried the default gateway. I Pressed the reset button, but couldn't succeed. could the mt882 be kind of broken or set up to a maximum of two computers VIA LAN?

Not quite sure what could be going on but reference the trouble shooting section and FAQs section of the documentation on page 88, it suggests pressing and holding the reset button on the rear panel for 3 seconds as step #1 and there are four more subsequent steps. You will have to set you computer's ip address manually to 192.168.1.3 because I believe DHCP may be off by default (which is kinda weird). Then launch your browser and type http://192.168.1.1 and see if that works for you. You may also want to connect only one computer directly to the router to begin with until you have resolved you present issues.

thanks trouble for all the tips. I tried all of them, but i got into the part where the mt882 ask for the password. i used the default password and user name, and it didn't work. i called the phone company to ask for that password and they told me the same password it came with. so I'm giving up right now. I decided to try an internet adhoc so i can transfer some data and use the printer through the network. thank you so much for all the helped :)

Understandable. It can often be frustrating when things don't seem to work as they should as seems to be the case quite often with regard to some routers and their behavior relative to the reset button. I had a Zoom xDSL that required 6 reset presses one right after the other before the factory defaults were restored any thing short of 6 just amounted to a reload of the router rather that an actual reset. Another (don't remember the manufacturer) required pressing and holding the reset switch till the lights went out and then promptly removing the power cord while simultaneously still holding the reset switch and before releasing it. I know your manual says 3 seconds but you could try repeated press and holds just to see if the results are different.
Is this the device that was supplied by your DSL provider, or something you picked up on your own? It seems like the phone company could have been a little more forth coming with support advice if they supplied or recommended its' purchase.
Good luck with the ad hoc and ICS, since that setup is not always a walk in the park either, I hope it works out for you.
Keep us posted.

Back