Windows 7 Homegroup password couldn't be printed

geistman

I set up a homegroup password and am on the "View and print your homegroup password" window. When I click on Print this Page, I get the following message:

Title bar: Your homegroup password couldn't be printed.
Text: An error occurred while Windows was trying to print your homegroup password. (Error code: 214750037)

The printer is an HP Laserjet 1200, connected directly to this computer via USB. The printer works fine otherwise; no print problems. Tried some of the troubleshooting tools, but they found nothing wrong. So what is wrong, and how can I correct this?

Thanks in advance.

You can change the password to something easy to remember: Control Panel>>Network and Internet>>Homegroup>>Change home-group password. Easier then printing the default one and losing it somewheres ;)

You can change the password to something easy to remember: Control Panel>>Network and Internet>>Homegroup>>Change home-group password. Easier then printing the default one and losing it somewheres ;)
That's good to know in case my wife ever allows me to switch her from XP.

I know I can change the password -- that's not the point

Thanks for your response. I know it's possible to change the password, but that's not the point. The screen with the password clearly indicates that I should be able to print the password, and I can't. Is this a bug? An incompatibility issue with the HP Laserjet? How can I get this basic function to work? If something as simple as this doesn't work, what other capabilities of Win7 don't work as advertised?

Thanks for your response. I know it's possible to change the password, but that's not the point. The screen with the password clearly indicates that I should be able to print the password, and I can't. Is this a bug? An incompatibility issue with the HP Laserjet? How can I get this basic function to work? If something as simple as this doesn't work, what other capabilities of Win7 don't work as advertised?

I assume you are able to print documents etc. with the printer? If so then this seems to be a bug. I'll do some searching to see what I can find.:)

Cheers, Mitchell

Mine won't print either. It's obviously a bug. But it shows it and I could write it down if I wanted. I have no need for it since the only other computer on my network is running XP.

The only print problem I have is this page

I can print fine otherwise. Only when I try to print the homegroup password do I get the error message.

I have an HP Photosmart D7160 printer. I have printed passwords on this printer before, but something has caused the functionality to break. I don't think it's specific to HP printers because I should still be able to print to PDF or XPS or Fax or whatever.

Reset your default browser to IE and you'll be able to print the homegroup password again. Change it away and it will break again.

Lame!

I have an Epson workforce 840 network printer. Same issue. Password for homegroup will not print. That is the only thing that won't print.

Seeming as no one has ever found a solution to the issue, the simplest workaround is to change the password to something you can remember, or type the password into a blank document and print it that way.

Unfortunate, yet an easy workaround.

Back