Windows 7 Honest and to the point, help appreciated......

Razza12003

Ok I have a not so legit copy of windows vista ultimate x64 on my desktop and want to upgrade
to windows 7. If i buy a windows 7 upgrade disk from microsoft and upgrade from my non-legit
copy of vista, will my new windows 7 be non-legit as i have upgraded from a illegal copy of vista,
or would i get a new key with the upgrade disk and thus then have a fully legal copy of windows 7?

Sorry If That Dont Make Sense Lol.

Thanks In Advance For Your Reply.

Ok cheers, im guessing my vista is an illegal copy as i got a custom built pc from a local pc shop and
they sold me the copy of vista for like £20 i think it was, so its probably dodgey, although it does pass all
windows genuine tests. and have never had trouble getting updates ect......

Well when i got to start, contol panel, then system it says:
Windows Activation:
Windows is Activated
and then states my Product Key (which has OEM in it)

It is possible to upgrade vista oem LEGIT to 7. Did you activate your Vista with a key online, or do you have SLIC ?

I have no idea what SLIC lol (sorry). I installed the vista, and on the system window it told me i had 30 days to activate windows.
so i clicked activate now and then ever since it says its activated and i have never had any problems. installed service packs ect....

They sold you an OEM copy which is tied to that machine hence the cost. I should imagine you'll be fine with the upgrade version but remember to do a clean install rather than upgrade:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back