Windows 7 Horrible Problem Setting Up a PC With Reduced Functionality...

wheeelan

I got a custom gaming rig from work with a test copy of Windows Vista on it.

I'm having several extremely annoying problems that I was hoping someone could help me with.

The test copy only allows me to access an Internet Explorer page but I need to install my wireless USB connection but it won't allow me to access the install disk when I plug the wireless in. I obviously can't access the internet to activate Windows so how exactly does Microsoft expect me to pay for their software so I can access my computer?

It's a pain in the backside.

Not sure what you mean by "test copy of Windows Vista" - exactly what is it please?

Hi, a test copy is one that hasn't been activated yet. I need to get online to activate but I can't because it won't let me install the wireless driver. Thanks.

I'd look for alternative ways of getting online or use phone activation.

Hi

I never experienced limited usage before registering Windows.

I don't know whats going on here, I've never used Vista but everything else has you connected before you get to the desktop the first time. It usually downloads drivers while it's installing.

I'm not sure what you mean by test copy?
A Google search didn't come up with anything called that.

Can you download the driver install on another computer and install it from a CD?

How about downloading an ISO for Windows 7 and installing it in place of Vista since you don't have a registration for Vista anyway.

Or if you want to, you could download and install Windows 8 and not have to worry about registering it at all for the rest of the year.
I'm running Windows 8 and it really runs better then Vista or 7 for gaming and it will install ready to go as far as drivers.

Mike

Back